infinate boot loop; back up data?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by LaffyTaffy, Jan 28, 2010.

1. LaffyTaffy

LaffyTaffy New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Well, yet again my ipod in is infinate boot
    I deleted fontswap via ssh (after I applied a font in fontswap, thats when the problem started) but still no luck,
    I tryed to backup my data with iphonebrowser, but my ipod restarts before I can finish, is there anyway I can keep it on long enough to backup all my data, or anyway to get it out of infinate loop?

Please help, whenever I make a help thread my problem usually doesn't get solved :/
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    dfu mode
  3. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    try dfu mode then hold down both buttons for a few seconds then see if it boots up correctly.

if not, dfu mode again and restore. oh and don't back up everything at once. do a folder at a time. that should give u enough time but might take a while.
  4. LaffyTaffy

LaffyTaffy New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I really want to keep my data, I can easily go to recovery mode and restore, but I really just want a way to either back uo all my data, or get out of the apple logo with the spinning wheel
  5. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    yeah. so try to back up one folder at a time. you can view the files right!?
  6. LaffyTaffy

LaffyTaffy New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    yeah, is there any key folders I should keep though?
    Like which folders should I back up, (I want to keep all apps, jail broken apps, media, pogpplank along with themes organization and all) pretty much just the folders that if I transfer after a restore, will make my iPod look exactly how it was before.
  7. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    well you may have to set permissions after you restore and rejailbreak. basically back up all the folders you see in ssh. make sure they keep teh same name tho.
  8. LaffyTaffy

LaffyTaffy New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    every single folder :/
    that'll take hours...damn
  9. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    yeah. but if you know all the apps you had you can just restore and jailbreak 3.1.2 with redsn0w. blackra1n has a lot of problems such as lag in cydia and no wifi and the reboot problems on devices (that are untethered)
  10. LaffyTaffy

LaffyTaffy New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Well righ now I have no wifi, due to water damage, so I cant really download from cydia, I just download online and use iphone browser to put it into ipod, but does redsn0w have custon boot logos? there was this other program snowbreeze or something that had it for 3.1.2 on PC