INdependance

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by vacpics, Oct 2, 2007.

1. vacpics

vacpics New Member

Hi,
    i ordered my ipod touch and it should arrive in about 7 days, i've been looking through the web to see if i would be able to install all the iphone (3rd as well) applications on it with installer.app for example and the result of my research is that i am completely confused (english is not my first language which make the understanding more difficult).

So the questions: will i be able to install INdependance like they explain how to do it here (in french) : http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3170

and then install installer.app to get 3rd apps and iphones apps or will i have to wait the jailbreak (a word i dont understand).

I know this is probably the most common question but the fact is that i saw so many contradictory post on the web, like here(in french)http://www.exotech.biz/index.php/post/2007/09/14/Les-applications-de-liPhone-sur-liPod-Touch-Mail-Maps-Stocks-Weather: that i have no idea what is true.

thank you for your help

vac
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

No, INdependence does not work.

As of right now, we can't get anything onto the iPod (save for what iTunes will sync). So yes, we do need to wait for a Jailbreak before anything can happen.

As far as iPhone apps go, we assume they will all work on the iPod as they have "the same damn binaries" and such. But again, we need a Jailbreaker.
  3. scooter

scooter New Member

"jailbreak" is like saying escape from jail or in this context to remove the locks etc.
  4. dimdig23

dimdig23 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    can jailbrake only work on macs.
  5. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

It won't work on anything right now. Given what we've seen so far, when a method does finally surface, chances are good that it will be available for Mac users first and then ported over to everybody else. But that is just speculation.
  6. tsukaza

tsukaza New Member

jailbreak will be available first on mac then windoz when it becomes available.
  7. jmiz9000

jmiz9000 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    boo! windows first ya