Indecision, if you own a 2G please help me...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ervine3, Nov 20, 2008.

1. ervine3

ervine3 New Member

I'm having a terrible time deciding on whether to buy a new 2G or 1G, i just want to use it for music movies and some jailbroken apps (GBA emulator, Winterboard etc.), however if you think that the app store is so godly that i dont need a jailbreak please let me know, cause when it comes to this i really only know a few things. I have complied a few questions that i would like answered by anyone who owns a 2G touch.
    1. how much faster is the new 2g?

Please Register or Log in to view images

I mean if its not that big of a difference then i wont bother.

1.5: the ipod touch 1G has a jailbreak, when they jailbreak the 2G do you think that all the apps will transfer, or do you think they will have to be rewritten especially for the 2g.

2. is it really that hard to adjust the volume on a 1g that they had to add a volume rocker?

3. If i dont care about line in (recording i know but i have a computer) support and a speaker (thats cool but i have good headphones i probably would never use this) then should i even bother with the new touch?

Thanks so much.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Germany

Germany Banned

Just go to your local BestBuy or CircuitCity and test them both out. I prefer the 2g because it is nicer, has the volume switch, and the internal speaker is definately great for music.
  3. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    What TouchPWN said. If you have a local Apple store or some place where you can test it, go there and fool around with it, and make your decision.

I'm not cutting my leg off for a 2G jailbreak (I hope nobody is) just yet.
    It really isn't that bad, and I know a jailbreak will eventually come about.

It seems though as it runs a little smoother and faster, but that's something you should see if you have the opportunity. From what you're saying, you will ONLY get it if it is faster. It's not really THAT much faster, but it may be noticed (at least for me).
  4. Reaper2794

Reaper2794 Banned

2G or No G man.

Yes I just made that up ^

But ye. 2G is the way to go man.

I'm telling you. Always listen to the Reaper.
  5. f1av0rflave

f1av0rflave Banned

i didnt think that my 2g would be so much greater, but compared to the 1g, this is so much better. i even sold my old one..
  6. redlinemkv

redlinemkv New Member

it's not that big of a difference it just somehow feels better to have the latest touch
  7. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Still can't beat 32 gigs for $275. So, go ahead, spend $200 more for a volume rocker.
  8. JAD

JAD New Member

I prefer the 2G.
  9. nestoloco

nestoloco New Member

Me too. The 2 g is a totally worth every penny. Even without jail breaking you have access to a crapload of apps for free from apple.

I was actually seriously thinking about buying one myself. i wanted to keep my old Palm TX (which is freaking great for a device that came out in 2005). But the 2g is just gorgeous man. Go for it.
  10. Spd2Last

Spd2Last Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The app store is full of great apps, and while one of the main reasons I bought the iPod was for the jailbreak, I haven't really regretted my purchase or have been disappointed with it. If the jailbreak comes, then cool, but if not, it doesn't matter much. And you said you wouldn't be using the speaker much, but believe me, that speaker comes in very very handy. I wouldn't want to grab my headphones and put them on every time I wanted to play a game or something, plus the fact that you can show your friends a video without having to share your headphones with everybody. It's a great little device and you won't be disappointed.