Increasing FPS(How do you do it)??

Discussion in 'Playstation 1 (PSX) Emulator (psx4iphone)' started by T0MAZZ, Dec 27, 2007.

1. T0MAZZ

T0MAZZ New Member

Anybody know how one should tweak the clock & Cycle (how much to increase/decrease by) in order to increase framerate on PSX games? I've dowloaded Crash Team Racing which i heard was playable, but I can't get over 5 fps during gameplay.

Can anybody who made the game managable tell me their settings? Or can anybody recommend what settings should be used to increase framerate for this and other games?

Thanks in

Please Register or Log in to view images

advance!!

Just as a note for anybody with the power to sticky threads; it woulds be great if we had a thread dedicated to the sharing of the settings people used to make the games run smoother (something like what Zodttd's psx forum has). That would be really helpful!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. JonSingh12

JonSingh12 New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    To increase FPS you will have to sit on it, seriously no jokes.

Alright maybe a little jokes =P anyways to increase FPS you'll have to raise or lower the clock rate and cycle rate. To increase a games speed it really is unpredictable. Raising the clock and cycle rate might increase a game or even decrease it, each game is different, so do click both L2 and R2 to load up the menu and turn on in the display option area to view the fps and so forth and just mess around with the clock speed and cycle rate until you see a performance increase. However, this doesn't guarentee an increase as the emulator is still in deep beta state, alot more needs to be done to increase performance, zodttd is working hard on this so it'll be awhile till you see another public release, if your a beta tester testing 0.1.2 do go back to 0.1.0 since 0.1.1 and 0.1.2 are both unstable more than 0.1.0. So do just enable the display of fps and then just mess around with cycle and clock speed then just mess around with your framskip aswell until you see an increase. I do believe raising the frameskip would increase fps but if you enable real view aswell you'll see fps to be normal as it's just skiping so try to increase/decrease both cycle and clock until you see a change i can't tell you personally what to do since every game is different, and i'm using 0.1.2 so my options are different then yours however i would downgrade to 0.0.9 and tell you my config choices. I do believe FF7 works best either cycle low low or high high not inbetween and clock speed up very high aswell.
  3. chosen1

chosen1 New Member

don't think this is possible
  4. T0MAZZ

T0MAZZ New Member

Oh okay, thanks alot for the advice. I've messed around with settings in a couple games and some got results! But I guess I'll have to wait for more work on the emulator until we get anywhere close to 100% speed
  5. Fjollan

Fjollan New Member

What bios should i use? scph1001.bin doesn't work for me!
  6. Spam-Robot

Spam-Robot New Member

Whatbuttons do you have to press to get a higher clock speed?
    R2 +L2 lowers the clock, what aboutlowering the cycle?