Incoming calls and ringtones help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch VoIP and Telephony' started by karl33, Apr 17, 2008.

1. karl33

karl33 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    OK, I've searched and haven't found the definite answer to my question. So here goes. I've got the sip voip v1.2 app from touchmods and have registered with ipkall.com for an incoming phone number. I'm running version 1.1.1 on my Ipod Touch. When I get an incoming call on my Touch, I get the message screen but no ringtone. I've read several posts where people mention having ringtones but not how to set one up. How can I get my Touch to ring so I know I have a call without having to look at the screen constantly? It's not like I'm going to be on it like a cellphone, but it would be nice if I could have my friends call me on it and not need a cellphone anymore. Thanks for any help.
  2. JGabcde

JGabcde New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Highly Doubt This

The ipod touch doesn't not have speakers. So you are screwed. It has those gay speakers. You know the roach on the hard drive one, but other than that your screwed....
  3. karl33

karl33 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well first of all, I've read many posts that talk about a ringtone so there is a small speaker somewhere. I don't expect a big sound to boom from the Touch. I just was hoping someone who has a ringtone or someone that knows how to make one, would give me some constructive instruction about how to do one. So please if you have any idea on how to do this, give me a clue.
  4. JGabcde

JGabcde New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well I'm Interested In This Also...
  5. karl33

karl33 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well I finally figured this out myself. There is no audible ring tone. I thought that's what everyone meant when they talked about it. When an incoming call comes into your touch while your listening to music, another song takes over to give you the heads up you have a call. To replace this tone you have to ssh into your touch, go to the sip-voip application and replace the mp3 found there with one of your own. Not really that big a deal as I thought it was.