Incipio Feather Review

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Baggy Spandex, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    So im really bored and it sounds like a good idea to do a little review of my iPhone 3g case, the Incipio Feather.

Please Register or Log in to view images

im not gonna do some rating system on this case, seeing as how i really think there are too many variants all of us users can throw at cases with all our random uses we ask for. therefore, i will simply give my thoughts on this case i purchased on black friday of last year, for 13 dollars.

this package came in a bubblewrappaper envelope and had the case, 2 screen protectors, an "install kit" with bubble scraping card and all, warranty info, and a little ad for their other cases.

I use my phone all the time, in and out of my pocket all day, so i was going for slim and simple. i havent dropped my phone yet.....so i didnt want safe and bulky. this case really gets me with the slim-fit feel and really follows the shape of the iphone. the buttons are easily accessible, the ports and speakers are all open. it doesnt fit in the iphone dock, however, and the hole for the headphones is kinda slim. some headphones i have dont work with the case because the plug wont fit in all the way.

this case has good scratch protection and great ergonomics, but it has very little shock protection if any at all. the case feels great in your hands, and provides better grip than the bare iPhone. i have noticed that the grip material they sprayed on has started to peel from the heavy wear areas, but its really not that big of a deal. i'll try to get pics of that tomorrow. install/uninstall is really simple, but i hate doing it. i feel like my phone cries every time. its a slide snap pop thing that cant be good....

Overall, i am surprisingly happy with the case. i wish i picked a different color, but whatever, live and drink more while learning. the design is great, and the grip is nice, even if it comes off a little. the case feels good in your pocket and doesnt get stuck in the slightest. there is basically zero fall protection, but whatever, it happens. if we were to play the numbers game, i'd give it a 8/10. only cause i got it for 8 bucks off on black friday.
  2. talon90

talon90 New Member

Nice looking case. Thanks for posting your thoughts. There are so many cases out there and it is difficult sometimes to get a good feel for the size and utility of the case. This looks like a great alternative for a slim, in the pocket case.