Incipio Feather Case for iPod touch 2G (black) review

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Kwinten, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Kwinten

Kwinten New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    [REVIEW] Incipio Feather Case for iPod Touch 2G (Black)

Incipio Feather Case for iPod Touch 2G Review

Here's my review of my brand new Incipio Feather case. I hope you enjoy it and is of any use to you.

Before I start off, I must say I absolutely love this case, but I might or might not have a bit biased opinion since it's the first and only case I own, but who cares? I have a lot of pics, and I will try to describe this case in as much detail as possible.

Let's start off now. In your 'box' (it's not really a box, but more like a traditional plastic thingy) you will find a microfyber cleaning cloth for your iPod's screen, two screen protectors and a squeegee to put them on, and of course your case. I'm not a big fan of screen protector so I'm not gonna do a review of them. I love the cleaning cloth though.

Please Register or Log in to view images

All together this costs no more than $19, so it's quite cheap.

So here is the case, which is made of hard plastic by the way, right before putting it on my iPod.

I prefer saying 'putting it on' rather than 'installing', because this case literally takes about five seconds or less to put on. Yes, it's that easy.

So here is the case, on my iPod.

There are a lot of things I like about this case, and I will talk about one point I like with every picture. What can clearly be seen on this picture is that the case leaves some of the aluminium chrome of the iPod visible. I really like that, because of the nice contrast it gives, but that's probably just a matter of taste. Also notice the lovely cleaning cloth my iPod is resting on.

Now let's take a look at the back

On the back there is the Incipio logo, of course. Now, of course you cannot see it on this picture, but this case feels so soft and smooth, and it's really enjoyable to have in your hand. That's a real nice feature of this case.

Now let's move down.

The bottom part of the case has the chrome almost fully exposed, so you will never have any problems with any of the cables. And for those who need proof:

There. Not that much to see at the bottom.

Let's move on to the top.

As you can see, the power button and volume rockers are fully accessible. I must note though, the volume rockers a little harder to press if you use your thumb, but you kind of get used to that though. I don't find it to be an issue at all actually.

Now let's look at the bulk this case adds from the side.

None? Incorrect. It adds some bulk, but no more than 1 mm. Yes, this case is very thin. And light (hence the name 'Feather'). What does that mean? It probably won't give your iPod a lot of drop protection. It also doesn't come over the chrome which makes it protect the screen (you got free screen protectors with it for that). To be honest, I wasn't really looking for complete protection that most double-layered and bulky cases gives. I just mainly want some scratch protection, because I was quite fed up that I had to lay my iPod on some kind of cloth or smooth surface all the time or else I'd scratch like crap. So I just looked for a cheap (if you missed it, it's about $19), nice looking case that doesn't add too much bulk to my iPod, and I found this. If you're wondering, no, this case doesn't scratch your iPod's back. That'd be quite ironic.

So there is my iPod, in all its glory, wearing some sexy case. (That language is Dutch by the way)

I hope you enjoyed my review and I hope I've helped you decide if you want one of these or not.

Incipio's website: http://www.myincipio.com/

(By the way, Incipio isn't giving me anything to do this

)
  2. LssThanThree

LssThanThree Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Good review.
    Btw you should edit your sig.
    Lockerz isn't allowed Here.
  3. ~raF

~raF Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    and hell yeah, donderdag 3 september!
    fijne dag vandaag

, behalve de regen dan.

sorry for the dutch stuff!

GREAT review!
  4. Kwinten

Kwinten New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Alright and thank you sir.

Ja man, eerst een halfuur of meer op school blijve wachte om naar huis te fietse omdat zo neig aant regene was, en toen ik vertrok begon het weer. (ben van Belgiƫ by the way)
  5. solidness

solidness Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Awesome review. This case looks so good.
  6. Kwinten

Kwinten New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks for the feedback and yes, this case is very sexy.