Inception

Discussion in 'Music, Movies, TV, and Videos' started by qaiz, Jul 15, 2010.

1. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)

Please Register or Log in to view images

Well, tomorrow is the 16th of July and I'm hyped up for this movie. It looks amazing. I actually believe this movie will change Hollywood forever. A bold statement, but a true one never the less.

This is Chris Nolan's Carte Blanche, his blank paper to do what ever the hell he wants, everything is in his hands.

Think of the Godfarther, think Star Wars, Jaws, Pulp Fiction, The Matrix and Donnie Darko as examples of directors with the Carte Blanche.

The Dark knight gave Nolan the 'Carte Blanche' by grossing over a billion dollars. Nolan now has Warner Brothers by the balls, and for this,since they know whatever he makes, people will go crazy for his movies, they gave him 'The Carte Blanche'

Its a original idea, never been done before and even the name inception will baffles some, so imagine the actual movie. Nolan is testing the audience and the studio.

For once, a movie is going to credit its viewers for being smart. Nolan is so confident in this move that he isn't even revealing everything, kind of like how Cloverfeid was.

Avatar is the highest grossing movie today, but maybe its because of the 3D? Because of this, Hollywood might focus on more 3D blockbusters. In inception, there is no gimmick,its just an original idea and yes, there are special effects, but they ADD to the story without overwhelming the audience.

This is the potential power of movies and the inherent nature of story. To explore through fiction, the potential of human creative reality.

With a budget of over $200 million, this might just be the biggest blockbuster ever made. It seems like he has used the carte blanche privileges he has earned and now we have to support him for that. Inception is the most important movie of 2010 . If it’s a hit, there really won’t be any excuse for executives. The story and the ideas are the stars here.

Anyone watching it? I AM!
  2. ShadowKing

ShadowKing Member

Device:
    iPad
    this was convincing. i have to go see this.
  3. austers

austers Well-Known Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hopefully it'll be a change from all the tripe that has been coming out lately!
  4. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    I'm going to giggle like a schoolgirl if it flops. I know of plenty people who don't like Leo.
  5. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Yes, it will be absolutely amazing. It's already getting praise left right and center. It isn't a normal movie, this is that star wars moment so to speak.

Btw Nburnes, I like Leo, especially in Shutter Island. Nolan is my favorite director. It will be amazing. Trust me.
  6. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hm it looked interesting but I didn't really consider watching it...Now I'm considering watching it.
  7. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I don't care too much shot this, except it's directed by Nolan. I believe he is, by far, the best director alive at this time. I LOVED Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and The Prestige.

I'll watch this, but I'm looking forward to Batman 3 more.

Still, this should do well. More money from this=more money for Batman 3.
  8. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I worship Nolan

Momento
    The Prestige
    Batman Begins
    The dark Knight

And now this, I'l let you guys know how it is
  9. solidness

solidness Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The movie critic in my local newspaper gave it five stars, which is extremely rare. I'm gonna go see this.
  10. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This movie is awesome cant wait to watch it
    @ qaiz great article btw