Incase Slider Review For iPhone 3G!

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by TheConqueror, Sep 3, 2008.

1. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

Hey guys, today i will be reviewing the Incase Slider by.... Incase

Any lets start this off, also please forgive me for the low quality pics, they are taken with a 5mp cam and i dont have any better, so pardon me

OK well thats it for this part, from here on it the review~! Also i felt like drifting away from my usual case reviewing style, and decided to test out a style of writing used by our very own user, mikesgroove , following his review of the power support air jacket. Shout out to you, Mike!

The Incase slider is probably one of the best cases out there. If you want something sleek and simple, this is the case for you. It has a price tag of 35$, which is probably not what its worth, but considering their high brand name and the engineering (maybe?) that was put into this, i would say it is definitely worth it if you have some extra cash. But all good cases are tagged at around 35$, because you know, supply and demand. As well i decided to get it in white, and it looks really good on my black iphone 3g. Here is a link to their site :http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/slider-case-cl59056/2

Description

Well basically the Incase Slider is a piece of platic that cover all of the iphone, but leaves open a slot for Vibrate on/off and the volume rocker, as well as slots for the sleep/wake button, headphone jack and dock, as well as the speaker/microphone. O right and the camera

The Incase slider comes in either Glossy white, or Matte Black, I have had both. From my experience the matte black is just heavenly in the hand, feels really smooth and soft, almost as if their is a super thing rubber coating on it, but the "rubber" is so smooth it doesnt take lint AT ALL. Now unfortunately my black incase slider was defective, so i returned it and got the white one. The white slider doesnt feel as good, but looks better than the black.

Why I Like It
    I like the incase slider because even though it is pretty thick, it looks really slim. Just check out the photos and you will see what i am talking about. It is actually pretty fat if you look at it compared to another case, such as the CapsuleRebel. It has really good protection , and is overall one of my top cases. I will also post my opinions on the top cases of the market below.

The Downside
    Truth be told, there are many problems with the incase slider. So BEFORE you buy it, bring your iphone and test it out for these problems, as well as make sure you do not do these things to the incase slider.

1) This one only applies to the black matte finish incase slider. Their have been reports of the matte finish "peeling" so before you buy it, open the package up and look at the back. The back should be all one colour, if their are any big faint spots (such as from some area and below), then open up a different one. Discoloration probably means that the top layer of the matte peeled off. Also DO NOT wash with water. You should clean it regularly, but both the matte finish and the glossy finish can easily be wiped with a microfiber cloth, such as the one your iphone came with.

2) Deformation
    The first incase slider i got made strange cracking sound around the part where the two sliding pieces connected. This is because one of the piece was either too small, or too big causing a gap between the top portion and the bottom portion which would make a cracking sound when pressed. To look for this, open up the incase slider in the store you are intending to buy, and feel it around. Put it on your iphone and press all around to make sure no cracking or suspicious noises are present.

3) Tightness

Some incase sliders are overly tight. When i was at the apple store i put my iphone into the incase slider and while i was putting it in, it got stuck. AS IN super glued your tongue to a poll stuck. So what an apple store employee had to do was pull the sides apart while i took my iphone out, and finally got it out, but their where two white streaks going down my iphone. I THOUGHY HOLY CRAP WTF IS THIS, then i just wiped it on my shirt and it was gone. Turns out the rubber guards rails left a mark, but no scratches. I Suggest not taking off the top piece very often, maybe about once a week to clean the lint and other things out.

Conclusion

Despite all those problems that MAY look scary, believe me they are not. They are just basic things to do before you buy it. Just make sure no srange noises are made when the case is on your phone, and i mean LOUD noises, not like a little noise, and also check if its too tight. If not you are all set just remember not to rinse it with water!

Overall i give this case a 9/10. For me the top current cases on the market (not in order) are:

Incase Slider
    CapsuleRebel
    CapsuleNEO

Pics Time!

Front Face

Please Register or Log in to view images

Backside

Headphone Jack/Sleep wake button

Camera Hole/Part of back

Dock Connector/Microphone/Speaker

2. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    that's a cool looking case....
  3. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    it IS a nice case. i have a black one for my Touch.

But white looks DAMN good on that iPhone 3G!!!!

4. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    nice review. i was considering getting the equivalent of this case for the 2.5g iphone but i thought it would make the iphone look too "fat".

i ended up getting a seidio innocase (not my pictures - but still good):

5. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

Actually it is actually pretty thin, i recomend you get one

and whats the harm, go to your local apple store, try one out, if you dont like it bring it back, its that simple
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Ya i know, i tried the black and it was really cool, but i guess white is my style lol

also white with the black iphone looks wicked, and its a definite attention grabber if you wanna impress that chick in class

Here is a couple more pics just for you, to show how the black looks on the white

6. Totally 1337

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    yeah dude.

black case- girls say "wow nice phone!"
    white case- girls say "wow nice phone! whats your number? im free on friday!

"

I was gonna go with white but IDK why i got black. it was a hard choice, but black doesnt get as dirty

7. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

whatever lol, it wont get dirty unless your one of them fat greasy people

your not one of THEM are you?
  8. Totally 1337

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
  9. seyerm

seyerm New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    so how are these cases for the touch? i've been thinking of getting one after seeing a few pics... does it scratch really easily?
  10. seyerm

seyerm New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    finally got one of these for my touch.. if i new they've been out for a while i wouldn't have waited so long