Incase Slider or Switcheasy CapsuleTouch?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by entgegen, Oct 9, 2008.

1. entgegen

entgegen New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey everyone, I have a dilemma. I have a 1G iPod Touch and I'm torn between getting a CapsuleTouch and an Incase Slider...sorta'. I just purchased the Incase today, but I'm thinking about returning it and getting the CapsuleTouch, and my reasoning is as follows:

While the bottom part of the Slider isn't in danger of just falling off, it is a bit looser than I would've thought. The CapsuleTouch, on the other hand, has a locking mechanism. This is my biggest concern.

The Capsule touch is cheaper even with shipping included, and it comes with all kinds of extra goodies like little bits to cover the headphone jack and dock port, which is a total plus. I'm not too concerned with all the screen protectors it comes with, as I really dig my Power Support Crystal.

The only thing keeping me from immediately ditching the Slider is its rubbery feel. I love the way the Slider feels, while I think the CapsuleTouch is just slick, hard plastic. Does anyone know what the life expectancy is of the rubbery Slider coating? If I carry it in my pocket a whole lot, will it just wear off in a week or two?

Anyone's wisdom on the matter would be most graciously appreciated. Thanks!
  2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

One warning: the CapsuleTouch has had a reputation for the slider 'lock' button breaking off without any abuse, which leaves the CapsuleTouch kinda 'loose' as a result. The slider's coating hasn't really been tested as the rubberized version hasn't been out for all that long, but I haven't heard of it 'wearing out', as it appears more to be textured plastic than real rubber.
  3. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

I would stick with the slider because it's a great case.. very streamline!
  4. seven7seven

seven7seven New Member

I seriously get comments about my White Incase Slider EVERY DAY.

People that have an iPod Touch are always like "Dude where'd you get that - thats so sick"
  5. spendleb

spendleb New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    My 'lock' button has come off and been lost within a few hours of purchasing the case, it is locked tightly shut though so not loose at all, the case looks brilliant (ultra black) but I have to admit the sensitivity of the touch screen is highly impaired, think the tinted protective film will have to go, either that or the one that covers that, why two are given I have no idea!
  6. JayTraceur

JayTraceur New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Keep the incase slider, it looks a lot better

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. Intense

Intense Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I would definatly keep the incase slider its sleeky ness is awesome. The capsuletch was probably one of the first for the switcheasy line and its not really made to its edge that the newer cases are made with. Seriously when i look at it it looks like a dollar store product. My friend got it a while back for his 1g iPod and peopel asked him about it and when he told them the price they would be like you paid how much and called him an idiot for spending so much on a low quality product. Well you can now tell how much switcheasy has thought before introducing the Neo and Rebel which are two of the most best products on the market.
  8. JayTraceur

JayTraceur New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Nice little explanation intense

9. Intense

Intense Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Lol you liked it. Well i'm just saying you know, who wouldn't keep the incase slider.
  10. PriteSprite

PriteSprite Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    can someone post photos please? I dont have any idea what an incase slider is