Incase Slider and back scratching problem?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by iraaron, Dec 11, 2009.

1. iraaron

iraaron New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Is the back scratching problem really that bad? I don't remember on my previous touch on how scratched up the chrome bezel part was, but on the back I remember only having one 1.5cm scratch long. I still have the case, but I don't know if I should use it again because I don't have a skin or anything for the back. Can I just use like saran wrap or paper to put into / onto the ipod touch to prevent the scratching?
  2. gunzmaiet

gunzmaiet New Member

no, it is designed to wrap around the ipod w/o any skins to the added thickness will screw it up (saran wrap rips up)
  3. dallcingi

dallcingi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The new incase sliders have 2 rubber rails on them so that the back will not scratch. They leave marks but you can rub them off with a microfiber cloth.

The front bezel might get a little scratched up though but its covered by the case.
  4. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    I have major scratching problems with mine. The rubber rails wore away in a few weeks.
  5. gunzmaiet

gunzmaiet New Member

maybe get an incipio EDGE since they have rubber inside lining
  6. dallcingi

dallcingi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You probably took it in and out too much then, there is no movement once the case is in place so it cant really wear out that fast.
  7. yyyy2999

yyyy2999 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I think the incase slider is a great product, so simple yet its designed so well ( unless it scratches your ipod alot) But i think maybe the user did something to cause the scratches, eg, they got sand inside the case and had to remove it? Something like that. Try the incipio edge or the incipio feather.
  8. KickinWing

KickinWing New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    What about using a Zagg Invisible Shield with the Incase Slider? Reason I ask is because it would be both beneficial to know for the op, and also for me since I have it on mine and I'm getting a case soon.
  9. yyyy2999

yyyy2999 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The incase slider is a super tight fit so im not sure if that is possible. It sometimes even lifts the screen shields without any type of skin. But if people are paying extra money for the zagg just to use the incase, why not just find yourself another case? Like the speck candyshell.