InCase Leather Sleeve + Invisible Shield = Sadness

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by cookedart, Nov 3, 2007.

1. cookedart

cookedart New Member

Oct 11, 2007

I found an InCase Leather Sleeve for iPod Touch in the Apple Store Toronto Eaton Center today. I have an invisibleShield on my touch already, and wanted to try out another case for drop protection.

The InCase leather sleeve is exceptionally tight even for the naked device - with an Invisible shield it is almost impossible to get the device into the case, and even harder to get it out once it's in there.

Moreover, I noticed that it caused the sides to bulge out past where it normally should.

Anyways, just a word to the wise - if you have an invisibleShield and want another case, make sure to try it out first before you buy it!
  2. Happyhow

Happyhow New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    How about looking for a case for Eye Glasses ?
    There ought to be lots of sizes, maybe some for outdoor sports etc. Right now I have mine in an old fake- leather glasses case ... it is fine .. you could play it while "upside down" in the case but( a)it overheat .. (b) and you'd know if you pused the off buton. Overall, that is probably OK for me.

Wrist Strap
    I think is a necessity as it requires to much "caution as you flip it around -- its not a cellphone stuck to your ear. Right now my strap is duck taped to the audio jack. and that seems to provide lots of "holding power. All part of the "fun".

Great device
    I was in a snobby hi-fi shop testing Grado 60's> Onlookers scoffed at iPods in general and the audio quality of the Touch in particular. They may be right -- given the compressions, etc.. because the Grado's were not that much better that my $20 Sony's.
  3. wallstreetcrash

wallstreetcrash New Member

Oct 15, 2007
    I applied my BestSkinEver, and now you know that mini iPod Touch transparent holder you get, it is pretty tight when holding the Touch, and makes marks on teh skin, which do go away though...