Incase cases announced

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by freemini, Jul 13, 2010.

1. freemini

freemini Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Incase just tweeted a link to their announcement page. So now it's between the CandyShell or the Slider Case. Incase Website
  2. crovian

crovian Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hmm the cases look better than i expected..i think it's really hard for companies to match the sophisticated look of the iphone 4 with their case as opposed to the previous iphones but incase looks interesting enough
  3. Leonick

Leonick Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So what did you expect if i may ask? Looks mostly like plain pieces of plastic to me...

Belkins look really good... Except for the ones with one half that is supposed to help it slide in to you pocket and one half designed to give grip, well the iphone goes bottom down as the headphone jack is at the top so having a smooth surface that easily slide in to your pocket at the top makes no difference

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. crovian

crovian Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch

i expected it to look like the ugly belkin cases (vue [?]) and 95% of other iphone 4 cases out now that tries to provide protection while maintaining the stylish sophistication of the phone which happens to be choose-one-or-the-other matter. So far the only two 'true' cases I am impressed with is the switcheasy nude and the apple bumper. I might just stick with bodyguardz or something.
  5. APV

APV Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Speck candyshell? :'(

6. crovian

crovian Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    wow you quote really fast lol....
    I think two big aesthetic points are the antenna band around the phone and the symmetrical back and front. I would want to preserve both of these so that's why I might just stick with screen/back protector but if I feel like I need some grip, then I'll go with apple bumper. Since I plan on getting the white iphone, different bumper colors will look nice.
    If I find out for sure I can use screen/back protector with the switcheasy nude, then I might be tempted to go that route.
    But for sure I'm not getting a case, such as the speck, that blocks both of the aforementioned points. They do look nice by themselves, but once the iphone 4 is in, it'll look like any iphone if you understand what i mean.
  7. Leonick

Leonick Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I must say that the switcheasy nude look like a case to me... And it's so thin the only thing it will protect against is scratches if you drop it it wont add any protection...
  8. APV

APV Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Hmmm, well I think that if I got an iPhone 4, I would sure as heck cover the back. None of this millimeter thick clear stuff that is the same thing as a screen protector, it's not a screen. It's part of the body. It obviously needs to stay in pristine condition or I will know, myself, that I scratched it, and will secretly hate that scratch forever...

I'm complicated.

Candy-shell is awesome anyways... It's not bad looking...

And, I hate the clear cases because they inevitably scratch the device, and in light make weird shadows on the device...

Never liked those cases... On any piece of tech I own either...
  9. crovian

crovian Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ya I know what you mean...that's why I'm not getting any case that wouldn't let me put invisibleshield/bodyguardz etc

if I get some extra grip/traction from just applying the screen/back protectors, then I wouldn't even worry about putting a case.

there's couple of reviews on the candy-shell and nude cases on youtube you might want to check out. Both seem to agree that they are more problematic.

If I end up getting a scratch on the phone that bothers me, there's always an option to replace it.
  10. APV

APV Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    :'(

This makes me sad...

The case protects from drops...

Unless shattered glass is your thing, which to some people, it's the new black. Or blue. Or whatever color is the most popular.

Hmmm.