iNav?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Caziban, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Caziban

Caziban Guest

Hey, I've looked EVERYWHERE and I can't find any guide on how to make the iNav Beta Theme somewhat compatible on the iPod Touch.

The closest I ever got to a "guide" was this:

To make this work on your ipod touch 1st gen / 2nd gen doesent matter you will need a little extra things, obivously you will need to have your device jailbroken. Ok so before you do anything you will need to go to Cydia/Installer and install the 3rd party application called "Rename", once you have that you will also need to get another application from cydia called "MobileMusicPlayerFlip" After you have installed those two , go into appstore and download a free app called TextFree something like that, Once you have all three of those things go back to homescreen and you will notice the "iPod" icon just like on an iphone, your "video" and "music" icon got combined into one with mobilemusicplayerflip, than go into rename and rename the original ipod app "contacts" into "Phone" without the quotes, also rename the Textfree app you got from appstore into "Text" without the quotes,

Yeah but...

Rename can't rename "contacts" it stays as "contacts"

And I was going to use AIM for the "text" name but that can't change either...

Does anyone have any suggestions/apps that I should download that are Rename compatible so I can try this amazing theme with a somewhat decent functionality for the iPod Touch?
  2. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Here and Here are modded icons for iNav, maybe they will work better?
  3. Caziban

Caziban Guest

Thanks but those are iPone Versions aswell.. :|

What I think I'm going to do is download Contacts+ and download Textfree.

Hopefully, those can be renamed into "phone" and "text" so they'll be configurable names for the theme to recognize.

Can Rename work on App Store apps?
  4. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yea, they can be renamed, and I'm using iNav on my iPod touch with no problems
  5. Caziban

Caziban Guest

whoa really?!?!

What happens when you touch "phone" or "SMS"???
  6. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    the part on the left? With the list? That's part of the wallpaper, it serves no purpose.
  7. Caziban

Caziban Guest

So then, whats the deal? Why does the author not recommend it for iPod Touches?

It seems that by just normal standards, its completely compatible.

I guess I should ask: If i'm wrong, what is not compatible/buggy with using this on an ipod touch instead of its native format, the iPhone?
  8. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Nothing, it's working perfectly on my iPod touch, you just have to use some icons meant for something else (i.e. use the text icon for app store)
  9. Caziban

Caziban Guest

Oh I see...
    And my final question, thanks Blackbelt you've been extremely helpful. I've looked ages for information like this and thank goodness you've answered all of my questions haha, well, except one lol

How do you replace the icons for something else? Like using the app store for "Text"?
  10. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Oh, it's no problem
    To change the icon all you have to do is rename the app icon to what you want it to be (I.E. change the text icon name to "App store") and SSH that icon to Library/Themes/iNav Beta 1.0/Icons