iNav theme mod by drkztan

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by drkztan, Mar 24, 2009.

?

Do you like my theme?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. Nah...

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  3. It could use...*make a reply with suggestions*

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  4. HELL NO!!! STOP MAKING THEMES RIGHT NOW!!

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  5. OMG! THIS IS THE BEST THEME EVER! IT'LL STAY ON MY IPOD FOREVER!!!

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  6. Well, I've seen better....

9 vote(s)
    40.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. drkztan

drkztan Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok so I decided to upload my take on iNav, and did a mod of deoneo's theme(I took it as the starting point^^), so props to him, without his theme mine wouldn't have been even remotelly possible

Please Register or Log in to view images

so here's the deal:

iNav mod by drkztan

Screenshots:

nice isn't it?

xD

INSTRUCTIONS

If you already have iNav installed, jump to step 2!!!

1. Follow everything on how to install iNav on this thread: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159850

2. Download one of the two following versions (I recommend the n00b version as it is smaller and easier to download/upload)
    N00b version: http://www.[PIRACY.mu].com/?d=UU4ZLERM
    Customizable version: http://www.[PIRACY.mu].com/?d=UU4ZLERM

3a. IF YOU DOWNLOADED THE N00B VERSION: decompress the .zip file and just upload my theme via ssh to /Library/Themes (yes upload the entire folder)

3b. IF YOU DOWNLOADED THE CUSTOMIZABLE VERSION: you might wanna take the "PSD files" folder of of the main theme folder before uploading, as they sum up to 20 MB in size. after that just upload via ssh to the /Library/Themes/ folder

4. As you may have noticed, I dont use the same blank icons layout as the original iNav, so the only changes are:

x means a blank icon (you can create these by downling the iBlank app from cydia)

The Dock apps are
    Mail Settings and the iTunes music store, you can place these as you like.

(In the customizable version the Dock.psd file contains more Dock icons you might want to use, like phone, sms, contacts..=

First screen icons go like this:

m-music
    v-videos
    p-photos

xxxx
    xxxx
    xxmx
    xxpv

Second screen icons
    s- safari

xxxx
    xxxx
    xxsx
    xxxx

Third screen
    n- Notes

xxxx
    xxxx
    xxnx
    xxxx

Fourth screen
    g-games

xxxx
    xxxx
    xxgx
    xxxx

Fifth screen
    a-apps(folder)

xxxx
    xxxx
    xxax
    xxxx

Sixth screen
    c-calculator

xxxx
    xxxx
    xxcx
    xxxx

As you can see, I left the last 3 screens for your use, as they dont have a specified lay-out, you can use them in whatever you like, or don't use them at all

Weather widget city change
    if you want to change the weather widget's date, you are going to have to go in the theme folder to widgets>configs>Weather-config.js open that file on text editor(MAC) or a note pad(windows) and you'll see lots of "code", worry not n00bs, this is easy. Scroll down unti you see "options" its almost at the end of the whole thing. Look where it says "var locale" (or just put it in find on text edit...in a MAC) it says "Barcelona, Spain" change that to "Your City Name, Country". you'll probably want to put a major city's name near yours, as not all cities have this service. After you are done with this, save the file and upload the whole theme again via SSH (this saves common errors as putting the folder on a wrong direction). Respring your winterboard after the upload is complete and you should have to be connected to the internet on the ipod for the widget to reload. if it doesn't show the weather, then probably you either input the city wrong or the city isn't covered by the weather service, if so, then look for a nearby major city, and change the city name to it.

Any questions, suggestions, corrections, or whatever you like, either send me a personal message or mail me at drkztan+@gmail+.+com (without the + signs...sorry anti-spam technique) I'll also take in icon requests, if they are easy; or change your city's name, if you need help with it.

Well people, i hope you like it!
    More coming soon.(I hope

)

Springboard Wallpaper made by me visit my deviantart gallery here: http://drkztan.deviantart.com

pixel mario owned by nintendo.

ALTERNATE WALLPAPERS

I've uploaded alternate wallpapers(4 in total) for use with my theme here:

Screenshot:

download:

http://www.[PIRACY.mu].com/?d=2FH0QWPK

instructions to replacing the wallpaper:
    rename the wallpaper you want to Wallpaper.png
    then ssh into your ipod and look for /Library/Themes/iNav DRKztan's mod/
    there will be another Wallpaper.png file, just replace it with the one you renamed previously, respring your ipod and you are all set!

credits:
    http://hakfest-stock.deviantart.com/
    http://enchanted-stock.deviantart.com/
  2. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Decent except for the wallpaper.

Btw, why do people see the need to open a new thread for their iNav themes?
  3. drkztan

drkztan Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't really know why, i think it gets more attention that way.

If you dont like the wallpaper, you can allways change it by changing the Wallpaper.png file in the theme folder

. I'll think of uploading more wallpapers that go nice with the theme, if you have any please suggest them and i'll fix them to make it look good on the screen

4. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    That was my suggestion.
    The whole reflection thing doesn't go well with that wallpaper.
    The dock seems to be cutting the top of iTunes, Settings, and Mail.

Just trying to help, don't think I'm trying to be a jerk and tell you your theme sucks, because it's pretty decent.
  5. drkztan

drkztan Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah, I don't know why the dok cutts the letters... it seems it has something to do with the widget... i'll try to fix it lol.
    Don't worry i know you are just helping, trust me I know when people are being jerks and not giving constructive criticism (too much dArama, if you are a member of deviantart, you'll understand me) , thanks btw, those kind of suggestions are what makes us better in whatever we do right?

6. iubuntu

iubuntu New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Idea

its great but you should bring the green box for the calendar and time etc down a tiny bit more today for example it looks bad (bare able) cuz its thursday and january. also it has to times if u can help me out thanx!

Attached Files: