Inappropriate Accelerometer

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by therock003, Oct 24, 2008.

1. therock003

therock003 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Either i havent got the hang of it, or the implementation of the accelrometer is not as good as it should be cause it seems to me that it works only when it feels like it.

There are times where i twist and twist the ipod , but there's no tilting of the screen.

Is there anything i have to considering in order to make it work at all times?
  2. Spd2Last

Spd2Last Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It takes a few seconds for the screen to rotate when you rotate the iPod, so you have to be patient. It just sounds to me like you were expecting the iPod to instantly rotate as you rotated the device. If the iPod were to instantly rotate, then anytime it feels lateral movement, it would rotate towards the movement it felt, then it would rotate back.

Hope this helps
  3. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

The acceleromater works amazing, you have to turn it 90 degrees to see a change.
  4. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

+there are apps where is does not turn.
  5. Flagpole

Flagpole Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    hes probably trying to use it on apps that don't use the accelerometer, try safari and turn it 90 degrees.
  6. therock003

therock003 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm not concerned about the fact that when it does turn it doesnt do so instantly,but rather that sometimes it doesnt turn at all as i described.

I k=have seen several accelerometers in action mobile accelrometers (n95/n93i) and digital photo cameras' accelerometers and they're far better than the ipod touch.

I dont know what the reason is.Maybe the sensitivity is not well adjusted,maybe it s beacause if you carried it around it would rotate all the time,i dont knwo but the thing is its not as good as it should be.At least for that's how i feel.

Mostly it happens when you hold it on a level parallel to the surface of the earth.You have to hold it on a plane that creates an angle to the inital parallel plane.
  7. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

What apps are you trying to turn?

As i said before SOME APPS DONT TURN!
  8. therock003

therock003 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What do you mean?Its 2nd gen,its not like there are apps other than the preinstalled ones.

Music and photos basically,but as i said on the last message it occus mostly when you hold it parallel to the earth.
  9. Wyatt2987

Wyatt2987 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Its because you have to turn it a certain way. When you turn it, your iPod has to be completely vertical. You can turn it horizontal but your iPod has to have it's sides facing the floor, walls, ceiling. I don't really know how to explain it. While you turn it, it can't be tilted back or forward. It's gotta be straight up and down.
  10. pelor

pelor New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    just so u'll know, there are lots of free apps in the app store, u should check it out.
    and on topic, my new 2G is working and twisting just right

Please Register or Log in to view images