In Simple Words...

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by PEliason6190, Feb 11, 2008.

1. PEliason6190

PEliason6190 New Member

Ive searched for a while to find a simple explanation of what the jailbreak does. I have not found an answer that is put into the words of a newbie in this kind of thing. Can someone please put it in words that I will understand, that would be amazing!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Underdawg

Underdawg New Member

Unlocks entire system, files and all, for total freedom of customization, changing code, etc.....for most people, its used just to download third party apps
  3. x6blues

x6blues New Member

basically it is just pushing the limitations of the device. so in terms of the touch it is allowing third-party apps to be installed, mods, and much more while at the same time preserving the functionality of the device. so music from itunes, able to play on a jailbroken touch. the challenge for the future is holding on to this factor, for SDK, Software Development Kit ("official" 3rd party apps, all at a price

). there is a team called the dev team that has pretty much found out all the ways to jailbreak the firmwares. hope this helps

btw if ur wondering how it works with developers of apps on installer all 4 free. they get their name out there with these amazing apps and to continue they hope those who use them will donate. also some do it in their spare time. so its all a nice system

4. Underdawg

Underdawg New Member

To higuys: I don't think its "pushing" the "limitations", its just opening up an array of uses of the iPod. The term "jailbreak" comes from the jailing of certain parts of the filesystem by the programmers, developers, etc. When you jailbreak a device, (cell phones too) you are unlocking the previously hidden/locked/jailed parts of the filesystem
  5. x6blues

x6blues New Member

ok?? just a phrase trying to put it in simpler terms but wutever thx 4 clearing it up though
  6. Underdawg

Underdawg New Member

oh, yes I understand...no offense intended...I just wanted to clarify what I think you meant

7. PEliason6190

PEliason6190 New Member

so for someone who really isnt fmiliar to doing this kind of stuff, is it worth it?
  8. Dloader Girl

Dloader Girl New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Dude, a 100% definitely worth it.
  9. lambson804

lambson804 New Member

Let's just take a test...

1) Use your iPod Touch just like you got it from the store... the basic safari surfing, music playing, and movie watching... for like a WEEK

2) THEN Jailbreak your iPod Touch, install the fun apps and games that you like to play... and use it that way for like a WEEK

You tell me what the difference is and if it's worth it

-I know my answer..