In Response to New Hardware Requests

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by _JKK_, Jul 16, 2010.

1. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Due to the loud demand for a hardware revision, to fix the iPhone 4 antenna issue, I'd like to say something.

According to Bloomberg, Apple knew about the problem a year ago. Let's think about that; disregarding whether this is true or not, and if Apple did the right thing by going forward, this means that there were hardware prototypes a year ago. So, even during the 3GS launch, the iPhone 4 was being tested.

Well, when did the design process start? On average, it takes 18 months to get a phone to market. Yet, some are blatantly demanding that Apple bring new hardware to market, to combat this antenna issue ('antennagate'). Even for small changes, like a new coating for the antenna band, testing must happen. Even if they wanted to release new hardware, it would take time.

I'm not trying to give them an excuse, I'm merely saying the truth. Sure, the problem is still there for some, but it is masked. And, as Jobs said, you can return it for a full refund. Go ahead, there are other options out there. But if the problem isn't quite bad enough for you to return it, but just bad enough to complain loudly, let's rethink it. If you're just complaining to complain, don't.

So let's all cool it, k?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. DeadlyD™

DeadlyD™ New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well said. If you really hate the iPhone so much, just return it. It's also ironic that alot of people who complain don't even have iPhone 4's.
  3. crovian

crovian Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    How do you know people who complain don't even have iphone 4?
  4. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Because the sort to complain about it are the type who would make sure to have it in their device info.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Did Apple get a question on the 'secret fix' that Gizmodo has been happily reporting on?
  5. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Because of shortage and just because of the internet.
  6. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Because if they did have an iPhone 4, they'll know better than reporting about an antenna issue that seemingly does not exist... aside from a few isolated report. I can go out and say that I have a Macbook Pro 13" with a Core i7. Does that mean I'm telling the truth?
  7. crovian

crovian Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    There is no 13'' MBP with i7 BUT there is antenna problem according to Consumer Reports and various other sites. Your example is weak and overall irrelevant.

Do you think Apple would go through all the trouble of having a conference if the antenna problem did not exist aside from a few isolated report? Do you think Consumer Report took away their recommendation after a 'few isolated report'?
  8. _JKK_

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    If the media was as wild about this as it was, then yes. They would have.

But you're right about Consumer Reports. However, go ahead and take a gander at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKIcaejkpD4&feature=popt00us08

It makes a lot of sense. Consumer Reports would systematically go about the tests, testing everywhere, trying to replicate the signal attenuation.
  9. crovian

crovian Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ^ my point is that it's more than few isolated reports, and seems like you agree.

I think CR is the only reason Apple agreed to free cases lol
  10. _JKK_

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Well, yes, I think it is replicate-able on many iPhone 4s.

But, yeah, it probably was CR that did it. Steve even said that 'CR's report hurt the most,' or something like that.