In need of some serious HELP!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by thebladeikidomari, Oct 5, 2008.

1. thebladeikidomari

thebladeikidomari New Member

I'm in need of some help as the title says.

I'm wanting to add the Exsitz theme to my Ipod. I downloaded the Zip file on my computer, but don't know how to get it on my ipod now.

Also a really big problem is my Wi-fi connection isn't working. It says i'm connected, but i try to go on safari or to my installer and it says there is no server or something.

can anyone please help with both of these?!

Thanks
  2. lessermaster

lessermaster New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    1) You need to extract the ZIP file, and put the contents into the Winterboard themes file. You will need to SSH to do this.

2) It did this to me a while ago. Just keep on forgetting the network and keep reconnecting. It worked for me.
  3. thebladeikidomari

What's winterboard and SSH? are they on the installer? I can't seem to find winterboard after searching and thank you by the way. Sorry for asking so much, but i'm new to this.

Also, I tried the forgetting network thing but it's not working. I am connected to a server though, it says I'm not. I can't check mail, the weather or anything like that.
  4. lessermaster

lessermaster New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Winterboard is always on Cydia, or are you using Installer?

SSH is a file transfer protocol (connects computer and iPod). Just type in "How to SSH to ipod touch" in Youtube. There are some very good guides.

And about the network connection, what firmware are you on? Also, are you on a jailbroken device?
  5. thebladeikidomari

first let me thank you for all your help! I'm very new to this and it's hard to understand sometimes.

I was jailbroken and had firmware 1.1.4

however, for some reason, the my connection wasn't working. I went down a few blocks and mooched off this guys connection heh. it worked all the time, but now it's not even though it says i'm connected. I thought it was just his, but it's not. It's every connection I try that does the same thing. It connects me but i can't use anything internet related.

I just restored my ipod a moment ago so i'll have to jailbreak it again, but before I do that, I'm wanting to fix the wifi problem, but it won't let me download anything from intaller or cydia either.
  6. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

For your second problem, keep reconnecting the signal until it connects or reboot the router
  7. thebladeikidomari

Where's the router? I'm sorry, i'm very stupid when it comes to this type of thing. i don't have a wi fi connection or a computer heh. I just use random wifi connection I find when walking or computers from the library. I keep forgetting the network and then renewing lease, but that's not working.
  8. lessermaster

lessermaster New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    If you don't have your own personal router, forget about jailbreaking or anything of the sort. Sorry for being so blatant, but this is the only way to "fix" this problem.
  9. thebladeikidomari

I got the wifi to work now. Thank goodness. I re-jailbroke my ipod and have openssh, bossprefs, categories, and summerboard on there.

NOW...what do I need to do to get the exsitz them on there?

I've been dying to have this them. I'm not a wiz with the computer, so, I need a step by step on how to do it with ssh and how to even work that.

I will have to do it through the computer with no wifi because I use a guys wifi connection a few houses down. thank you.

Please if someone can help me it would be awesome!

also, do you if i need anything else to get the exsitz theme on my ipod?
  10. beeshabo

beeshabo Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Okay,
    You downloaded open SSH (1st)
    Now un-install SummerBoard and Install WinterBoard (WinterBoard has taken over).

Now, search the forums or a YouTube (better) video on how to SSH into your iPod because explaining it will take TOO LONG!! and you might get confused.

But really quick, themes are copied into var/stash/themesxxxx