In need of help downgrading! Urgent!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by denapro, Jun 21, 2009.

1. denapro

denapro New Member

Hello everyone, I've been using this site for a while but never registered, first off thanks for providing a real helpful site, anyway I stupidly decided to upgrade my iPod touch 1g with the beta 3.0 software, at first it worked great, my touch seemingly had the 3.0 software but iTunes could not detect it, so I decided to restart it, but now it's stuck in DFU mode I've tried everything under the sun to try and downgrade back to 2.2.1 firmware, but my iTunes wont restore (error 1604), I'm really scrwed here guys, is it possible that my iPod cannot be restored and I have a real expensive paperweight? Or is there something I can do to fix this?

Please Register or Log in to view images

Any help is appreciated.
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    First of all, you are not even in DFU. DFU mode shows a blank screen, not "Connect to iTunes". Second, go into DFU mode by:

Connect your iPhone to your computer.
    Turn iPhone off.
    Hold power and home together for 10 seconds (exactly).
    Release power but keep holding home until the computers beeps (observed on a PC) as a USB device is recognized.
    A few seconds later iTunes should detect your iPhone.
  3. denapro

denapro New Member

Haha, silly me, thanks for clearing that up.

iTunes detected my iTouch in "recovery mode" and now I'm trying to restore it back by pressing Shift/Click on the restore button and selecting the 2.2.1 firmware, I got a white screen for a brief moment is that good or bad?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Any help? I've been able to get my iPod into DFU mode but what then?