In need of desperate help. Mac wont work, now it wont work through windows!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by punderr, Mar 16, 2009.

1. punderr

punderr New Member

I have both a mac and a pc. I tried it first on my mac. First off the bat, libusb WONT install. i download it and extract and it comes to my desktop as a .pkg. I try to install but it gives me "Operations could not be completed. (com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error-1.)". This happened many time. I tried to do it without installing libusb and it wouldnt reach my ipod. I could swear i spent a whole day trying to make it work on my mac then i finally said, ok whatever, i'll just do it on windows.

TRIED EVERYTHING. I downloaded atleast 20 firmwares custom and original over and over and over. First I tried "Quick Freedom". I installed libusb (thank god) and put in my own firmware. next. so now it says put in dfu mode and please press the start pre-jailbreak button. At the bottom left is says "ipod connected in dfu mode" cool. So i press the "start pre-jailbreak" button and it says:

Put into DFU mode and press Start Pre-Jailbreak
    Starting Pre Jailbreak. Please wait...
    Ipod connected in DFU mode, press Start Pre-Jailbreak
    Starting Pre Jailbreak. Please Wait...
    Ipod connected in DFU mode, press Start Pre-Jailbreak
    (and so on and so on)

no white screen. So by not getting my white screen, I obviously cant restore my ipod to my custom firmware

Please Register or Log in to view images

So next I try unofficial sn0w. I download the folder, I already have custom firmware and original firmware.
    mind you again, im following this:

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155816

The part where I run into trouble is when I have to run "RUNME.exe"
    all the code is going through blah blah blah, but no white screen. I know my ipod is in DFU mode. Thats the status on Quick Freedom, and thats the status on iTunes. I followed the instructions for 3 methods and none of them have worked out for me

Please Register or Log in to view images

Im so desperate right now, its not even funny. Can any of you experts help me? I will give you any information you need.
  2. pmilzie

pmilzie New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    1. do you have an ipsw, with the LLB already 'bspatched? basically are you completely ready to restore in itunes with your fully functional and complete ipsw?
    2. still no luck with libusb and mac?, if not i can walk you through windows, but i prefer mac.
    3. did you do tethered, or semitethered? if so, what did you use for that