In need of an FM Transmitter that also Charges iPod Touch 2G

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by E93, Oct 4, 2009.

1. E93

E93 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Alright, so recently I've been looking into buying an FM Transmitter that also charges my iPod Touch 2G. If only it were as simple as getting the ones that say ''FM Transmitter and Charger (Charges iPods)'', but it's not. Most of them are only charge compatible with older iPods, even 1G Touchs are in some cases, but not 2G, and they won't usually tell you that, so I've been having some trouble.

I've found expensive models for around $60-100 that will also charge my 2G and do the FM thing, but I've seen from reviews that even those aren't too great, and they will stop working in some months.

Can anyone direct me to, or help me find a cheap alternative that will also charge and transmit fm from my iPod Touch 2G? Preferably below some 40 bucks?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Rhynoxx

Rhynoxx New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
  3. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Thanks for the link. Have you tried this product? I'm shopping for something similar too so it would be good to hear an opinion from a forum member.
  4. Rhynoxx

Rhynoxx New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have unfortunately not been able to try it yet because I'm low on budget >.> but it has gotten pretty good reviews. Definitely looks like best deal for the money to me. I currently own a $40 iTrip (made for Nano 3g) that is half broken but still manages to work (although terribly), so a device with a better transmitter, charger, and flexible holder for $5 less sounds great to me

5. cheerio

cheerio New Member

Maybe I have not been paying attention enough, but I did not think that transmitters could charge, but with the way technology is, who knows

6. Rhynoxx

Rhynoxx New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If the transmitter includes a car adapter, it charges too.
  7. Rhynoxx

Rhynoxx New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Alright, I know I'm bumping an old thread again, but I just wanted to update - just got this product in the mail yesterday, and it works beautifully. I go to school in a big city, and on my rather long commute I never have to change the channel. It provides excellent support, and holds my iPod (nano as of now, will be Touch) very well. Most definitely worth $35.