In need of advice on a new game, preferably RPG.

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by DemonIced, Oct 1, 2009.

1. DemonIced

DemonIced Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Hi everybody,

So I was thinking about getting one new game among those and needed some advice to decide, but I don't have a lot of money to spare (since I just bought my 450$ iPod 3G 64gb and a 30$ case and already 20$ of games):

Zenonia : Liked the demo, but hated the controls (D-Pad) as much for the menu ones than the Battle Screen ones, the story and character customization looks cool though.

Dungeon Hunter : I loved Diablo and played during many years during High School, but it's quite expensive

Modern Combat : I like FPS and hope the controls are good (I tried the new controls for Duke Nukem and I had some difficulties with them (the 2 virtual sticks... if those were really the updated controls) then again it's pretty expensive.

Hybrid : Eternal Whisper : Looks very good (a bit like The world Ends With You on DS it seems), but don't know anything about the gameplay (controls, RPG elements, story, etc.) since I haven't seen any reviews yet. Should I get this one or the full version of Zenonia first? Zenonia is still 2.99$ and Hybrid is 5.99$ which is still a bit expensive.

I'd like an RPG since I already have an action game in Hero of Sparta in which I'm perhaps mid-way (I might buy Assasin's Creed when I'll finish it). I'm especially fan of Turn-Based RPGs like Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger, but I saw that on the iPod most RPGs are action ones, which is cool and could be a good altervative if I don't find good turn-based ones, but I would perhaps want a game that I could take my time playing, like when I eat or do something meanwhile. Also I love great epic stories à la Final Fantasy.

I'll probably end by getting all the games listed above someday, but now I need to decide which one to buy first and now.

Thanks Guys
  2. iptman

iptman Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well uhhh Assassin's ^^ and maybe wolfenstein or something???

ask sumdaii
  3. DemonIced

DemonIced Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Let's hope he passes by this thread, or else I'll PM him.

Btw, like I said, i'll probably buy Assasin's after I finish Hero Of Sparta. Not too sure about Wolfenstein, wasn't it a rail shooter or a weird RPG?
  4. iptman

iptman Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Doom is a rail, but its not that bad...

I'm no expert, just trying to help out...
  5. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

It's not an RPG, but you should try Alive 4ever

Please Register or Log in to view images

It's sort of like Minigore, except it's more of a challenge
    You have to reload, there are quests, you can unlock equipment, improve your abilities, buy new weapons, even multiplayer.
    So unlike Minigore, you show your improvement

6. cOde0010Joy

cOde0010Joy Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Basically, it's Left 4 Dead on the ipohe/ipod. It has multiplayer for bluetooth and up to 4 players (duh). I think it also has the "director" thing where it summons zombies depending on the number of players.
  7. DemonIced

DemonIced Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Is there a lite version of that game to try it out?

Btw thanks everybody for your replies

8. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

no, theres no lite version.. but you can find a review on youtube to see how the gameplay is like
  9. DemonIced

DemonIced Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Ok thanks I'll go see, is it better than iDracula? Because I tried its lite version which was fun, but very repetitive.

And what about all the other games I listed?
  10. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

well i havnt played iDracula, but i watched a review on youtube and its somewhat similar, the gameplay at least.
    idno if there are challenges in iDracula, but there are in alive 4ever, which i really like.
    makes you actually try harder and unlock better guns.