In my opinion this simple idea would make much better games on iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by felixen, Nov 19, 2009.

1. felixen

felixen Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I was playing this new Eliminator or whatever it's called and also Modern Combat and thought to myself "wow, these controls suck". You use your left thumb to navigate the "thumb stick" and your right thumb to aim AND shoot. And this is my problem. First you have to aim then quickly move your finger to the shoot button, or just tap the screen if you have that set on.

I dont like it. What I think is if developers could use the volume buttons. Then the iPhone would suddenly have two shoulder buttons!! I dont know if it's difficult to pull off of if they aren't even allowed by Apple, but they could easily have a sound icon in one corner (or in the pause menu) and when you hit that the volume buttons would go back to normal so you could adjust the volume.

I think this little thing would make many games MUCH MUCH better and more playable!
  2. geiman

geiman New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    There is actually a much better project going on to support this very idea. Check it out here:

http://icontrolpad.com/

They were quiet for a long period of time, but they've re-emerged with a new design. It looks very promising, lets hope they release it soon!
  3. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Yea, but how huge is that? Might as well just bring a PSP around, better games and smaller.
  4. felixen

felixen Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I dont like that its an extra accessory. If you could just use the volume buttons I think many games would control much jetter and you wouldnt have to always bring a controlpad with you. Personally I would not buy that thing even though I see its probably a good solution to some people
  5. SmexyPenguin18

SmexyPenguin18 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The control rocker wouldn't be that great of a trigger IMO.