in-game menu help

Discussion in 'Playstation 1 (PSX) Emulator (psx4iphone)' started by jimenej, Sep 23, 2010.

1. jimenej

jimenej New Member

I downloaded psx4all just fine, and it runs. I have final fantasy vii and megaman x4; i've been using them as testers. Megaman runs at a good speed, final fantasy vii not so much; even though I've read through hours of searching that people have gotten it to run at good speeds.

So I came across multiple threads etc. talking about the menu where you could change your emulator settings to optimize the speed of your game. Apparently you press R2 + L2 simultaneously to access the menu...

The menu does not appear for me! I know for a fact L2 and R2 work, i tested them with Mega Man. All the other buttons work fine as well. Only thing is i can't get that menu to pop up. Does it still exist?

INFO:
    I have an iPod touch 3g, jailbroken, running iOS 4; psx4all version 2.1 (i believe)

google hasn't been much of my friend with this issue; am i just missing something blatantly obvious? help appreciated

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Lashrael

Lashrael New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Same problem cant get the @$#% menu to come up

Ive been reading about how you need to press the L2+R2 buttons to bring up the menu to change the interlace on the psx emulator.

Im playing ff7 on my ipod it gets about 20 fps but i hear people get 80% to 90% percent performance by changeing the cycles and interlace count.

When ever i press the L2 and R2 buttons it doesn't bring up any menu and ive already fought my first battle and everything is fine it just runs really slow.

right now im using alcohol 52 to rip my tekken 3 game to my comp so i can ssh it to my i pod because i saw this forum

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26812&highlight=secret menu

and im hoping i would be able to change the settings in tekken so i can play ff7 reasonably well. But now my question is why cant my ipod bring up the Menu? could it be a bad button lay out..... idk

btw i have a ipod touch 2g, 4.1, running psx4all version 4.0.10

Thanks for the help

---double post---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well i got my tekken on my ipod and the menu didnt come up for that as well. i thought it could be the buttons but when ever i press them in combat it still works so im at a little of a loss for how to approach this...

3. waloumi

waloumi New Member

Yeah, for me too.

I've heard of this menu that gives you special options that, apparently, can speed up the game at 75% performance, BUT WHY IN THE ASS ISNT THIS MENU WORKING NOW? I have the latest version ( 4.0.10 ) and if you ask me, i would say it got removed for some stupid reason.

My solution would be to try the very first release of psx4all, or maybe a beta but i cant find them, why is psx4all so tabou in here?
  4. Lashrael

Lashrael New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ya ive been trying to find older versions of psx4all or even the even older psx4iphone but ive had no success and i still cant get this $*#&@! menu up

lol o well ill figure it out eventually if i get anything new ill post. Till then any help would still be appreciated

5. Lashrael

Lashrael New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    still lost

i still havent found any help on the matter anyone find anything new?

6. Spectre057

Spectre057 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Same luck here, no menu and slow speeds