In game app purchases?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by DarkAura17, Jun 23, 2009.

1. DarkAura17

DarkAura17 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Not to complain or anything but i just hate how apple released the new API so that devs can make people pay for updates. I always use this example, Flick Fishing cost 1.99 for me and when i got the new update, it told me i had to pay 99 cents for 4 fish and a new location. They even said more would come out. I don't agree with the overpricing because i believe flick fishing is or once was 99 cents. Maybe updates should cost less than maybe a dollar? Anyone else agree?
  2. Pwndtouch

Pwndtouch New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yea they should be only like 50c or somethin cause you have already paid for the proper game. I suppose its up to the developer if they want more money and if you dont want to pay dont update.
  3. Sylars_Here

Sylars_Here New Member

i dont think that you should have to pay at all for apps once you bought it.

think of you favorite pc/playstion/xbox game. So you payed 20-40£ (32-65$) and you complete the very first level then your told to pay £5 ($8) to play the next level and then the next level another £5 ($8).

Say you want some new clothing/item/help/instructions for your game and your told you have to pay another £3 ($5) for each.

So what i am trying to get at is you already payed for the game it might not have been very much but why do you need to pay more for it? You buy a game expecting the whole game not little bits that you have to pay for.

Then apple wonder why people download music/videos/apps illegally people are not made of money.

So i think that things should go back to the way they were.
  4. Mgssidley

Mgssidley Member

Actually I think its a great idea. Otherwise these companies might not add anything at all.
  5. CoN317

CoN317 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Actually, that brings up a very interesting point. When updates cost money, more games will be updated because the developers will actually have a reason to update games, MORE MONEY! Although it does blow for us cheapskates. =P

Regards,
    CoN
  6. Radish

Radish Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    I like the idea because in theory, apps would cost less if you don't buy upgrades. At the same time, there may be devs that charge for normal updates. Hopefully that doesn't happen.
  7. Education

Education Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If a lot of devs choose to take this path, hopefully they would only charge for the major updates and maybe make it only a one time fee. By this I mean that all the other updates on the same app will be free after this fee.
  8. Sylars_Here

Sylars_Here New Member

yeh but i dont think that will happen they will keep everything the same price make updates the same price so they make more money people lose more money on apps they dont really need.
  9. DarkAura17

DarkAura17 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    i can't say i disagree with you, but don't you think for flick fishing, it once was $0.99 and now they charge you for like another game. it should be much less.
  10. jbarnes

jbarnes New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I hate it when devs do this! If they wanted more money for the game, the dev should have raised it a dollar or two. Like Sylars said, we arn't made of money.