In-Ear Headphones

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by huareu, Mar 7, 2009.

?

Which IEM?

Poll closed Mar 27, 2009.
  1. Sennheiser CX300

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. JVC Air-Cushion

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Other, and why.

11 vote(s)
    55.0%
  1. huareu

huareu New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I need a new pair of Headphones. I've looked around a bit, and have come upon a decision. I've decided for either the Senneheiser CX300, or JVC Air-Cushions. Which do you prefer for balanced listening (i say balanced because these will be my first headphone upgrade, my stock headphones just broke

Please Register or Log in to view images

). Also, if there are any better In-Ear Headphones for nothing above $100 (preferably around $30, but I can pay up to $100) please suggest them to me. Thanks.

BTW, My iPod has really random music on it. I have stuff like Dragonforce and more like... Rihanna. LOL
  2. crovian

crovian Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i've never heard of jvc air jacket but sennheiser is probably the better choice of the two

my friend has the cx300 and the sound quality is good for the price (but then he only paid 10CAD cuz he bought it on boxing day as well lol) dont know how much it is now

you might be able to find incredible deals on shure scl3. i got it for 70CAD on boxing day and I read somewhere that they were having sale on the white models cuz they were discontinuing them...dont know if it's still going on..

-EDIT- oh now i know u meant the air cushions...i had that pair for about two months but the air cushion part ripped a little after about 2 months, and after another month, the part that goes in the ear just broke off from the earphone which was a bummer. I think sound quality wise, out of senn or jvc, definately senn
  3. kmc915

kmc915 New Member

Device:
    iPad
    What ever you do DO NOT buy the Apple ones, I got some today and will be taking them back in the morning. JUNK JUNK JUNK!!! The ones that came with my iPod sound better. Sorry if this is off you topic but I just needed to complain. $80 F@#K Apple
  4. eKoKnight

eKoKnight Member

I use some kind of in ear headphones that I payed like 40 bucks called SkullCandy at best buy and I love them. They sound better then my zune premium headphones that I got a while back for my zune 4gb that im no longer. Im so loving my ipod touch 2gen

Its to fun lol
    ------------------double post merged------------------

Is it really that bad? And why. I would expect apple to know there ipods.... Guess they dont know quality of audio.?
  5. kmc915

kmc915 New Member

Device:
    iPad
    I don't know... That's what I thought, maybe its my ears or something. They just sound like crap, no bass or anything seems to come through. I'll give Apple the benefit of the doubt but they just didn't work for me. I hope I get my money back, I wana get a mighty mouse for my MacBook instead!!!
  6. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The $80 Apple in ears are GOOD, if you don't mind a neutral sound sig. It doesn't have a lot of bass impact, but hey it works with jazz well imo. As always, I cannot recommend you anything if you don't tell us what sound sig you prefer and what types of music you listen to. Have a look at the CX500's off Amazon

7. angusg

angusg New Member

Sennheiser CX300's.. They're the best <AU$100 around.. Check out the Creative EP630 as well.. They sound similar to the CX300, and a few reports say they have the same driver, and they're around half the price.. I had a pair but they broke and stopped selling them in stores around my area (which is when I bought a pair of CX300's) so I could never do a side by side comparison of them..

I use Sennheiser CX95's, they were on sale for AU$130 (CX300's are around AU$80) around here.. I've washed two pairs of CX300s before, they've still worked afterwards but the bass was diminished enough for me to notice.. To make sure I didn't do it again, I made sure I bought something with a case (so it's bulkier in the pockets)..

The only thing that bugs me about the CX300 (Which isn't a problem on the CX95 or the Creative EP630) is asymmetrical cable... much prefer symmetry..
  8. SmoothTroopa

SmoothTroopa Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    yesterday Ive got myself a pair of skullcandy smokin buds and for the price the sounb is clear and the bass is very good
  9. huareu

huareu New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Whoops, I meant the Air-Cushions, as some of you figured out

. lol
  10. crovian

crovian Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hmm i had the older apple in ear (the one without a mic) and i thought they were pretty decent. Sound quality was definately better than my jvc air cushion at the time. Also stylish coming from Apple. Agreed, not much base, but i found the sound to be pretty clear for the 25CAD i paid for it