In-Ear headphones with mic

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by eXozza, May 10, 2009.

1. eXozza

eXozza Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey guys, I'm looking for in-ear headphones with a mic. I need a pair that has a very good sound quality and good bass. I've read some reviews on the Apple in-ear headphones with mic, but they seem to lack good bass.

Does anyone know of any headphones that fulfill my standards? I'm willing to pay up to $80 dollars for a good pair.

Btw, I have an iPod Touch 2G.
  2. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Nuforce NE 7M have a mic, but I'm not sure if it works for iPod touch.
  3. eXozza

eXozza Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No, they were for the iPhone. Is there anyone here who has the Apple in-ear headphones with mic? Are they really as bad as people say?
  4. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Actually I have a pair of NuForce Ne7m's and yes they do work perfectly with my iPod Touch Second gen.

Edit: I have the Apple In ears I believe you're talking about and no they aren't bad at all, but they do lack bass.
  5. eXozza

eXozza Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If you compare the apple in-ear headphones to other in-ear headphones within the price range of $40-$80, are there any huge difference? I already have good in-ear headphones with good bass, but they don't have a mic. That's why I'm getting the apple in-ear. I just want to try out the microphone capabilities of the iPod Touch 2G. I know there are some cheaper regular apple headphones with mic for $29, but I want a new pair of in-ear headphones, but if I'm going to get the apple in-ear, they have to be better than my old ones, or else i'll just buy the $29 ones.

At the moment I have Panasonic RP-HJE200-K, do you think the Apple in-ear headphones are better than those?
  6. S.I.D. CrAzY

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I really have never heard those Panasonics but I'd be surprised if they sound better than the Apple IEM's for that price.

The Nuforce Ne7ms have been called the best in ears in the 50 dollar price range and from experience do beat out slightly more expensive in ears.(100 dollar and below range)

I don't know if I'd recommend the Apple In ears if you plan to pay what Apple is charging on their website. If you can find some Apple IEM's on ebay(be on the look out for fakes) for about 40 bucks which is how much I paid, then I would def. recommend you snatch them up.
  7. Oregon

Oregon New Member

The apple in ear headphones are actually really well respected by the audiophiles on head-fi.org. And they can be bought used, but in perfect condition on eBay for $39, which I'd say is a great deal considering the good sound quality and convenience of the remote.
  8. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  9. eXozza

eXozza Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've read some reviews now, and some says the Apple In-ear are pretty good, while other says they have bad sound quality, bad bass etc. Take a look at these headphones http://ifrogz.com/headphones/earpollution/. I had them before, and the price were only $20. I were quite happy with them. The sound were great and the bass were great. It seems that one of the big problems with the Apple In-ear headphones is that the bass isn't good.

So, do any one of you know or can compare if the iFrogz in-ear has a better bass than Apple in-ear? I really need to know what to expect if I'm going to buy the Apple one.
  10. S.I.D. CrAzY

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Err I tend to stay away from unknowns or "skullcandy" wannabe's like these. But if you already tried them and were happy with them, then just buy those, even those I see they have no microphone. They aren't that expensive and you already know what to expect.

Even if I tell you the Apple ones have better sound quality(probably) or have more bass(doubt it), YOUR ears might like the ifrogz ones that you have already tried before.

I guess what I'm trying to say is FOLLOW YOUR EARS

Please Register or Log in to view images

Or buy NE7m's which is what I think you should probably do. IMO of course.