In DIRE need of help... please read my ipod screen doesnt turn on

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by waverunner777, May 12, 2010.

1. waverunner777

waverunner777 New Member

I am in DIRE need of help. my ipod recently crashed/blacked out while using cydia, and is completely unresponsive to holding the lock button, pressing the home button or connection to the computer. it is currently pretty much bricked.

My ipod is:
    running 2.X firmware
    jailbroken
    second generation 16gb

Here is what happened when it crashed/went unresponsive:
    i opened cydia. it instructed me that a package was "half-installed". the name of it was core utilities, it sounds pretty vital. it told be i could force remove this package to prevent it from causing problems, so i did, but then a warning stating that the removal of this package may cause cydia or the ipod os to become unusable came up, so i cancelled the removal. then, cydia proceeded to tell me there were 20 or so vital components that needed an upgrade (i hadnt used cydia in a while), so i proceeded to have these upgrades installed. but, when this installation was in progress, the screen said it was attempting to put the old version of a package in "core utilities", but it seemed like it wasnt able to do so, and it was "loading data" for about five minutes, until the screen automatically locked due to passing time. after this, i have not been able to turn on, reboot, shut down or get the screen to show any info in any way. when i connected it to the computer, itunes recognized my ipod and even toild me "sync was complete", but my screen never came on during the process. anybody know whats wrong? ive never had too many problems with my ipod before, and it seems to be completely bricked. HELP!
  2. Volcomstone000095

Volcomstone000095 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Did you try to restore? If the computer recognizes it, it should be fine.
  3. waverunner777

waverunner777 New Member

i think i can restore as a last resort because the computer recognizes and even syncs it, but i have stuff on it that i dont want deleted and dont feel like going through the process of jailbreaking it again so if theres any way i can get it working again without a restore it would be great
  4. Volcomstone000095

Volcomstone000095 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Unfortunately I do not think there is another way. If you can get iTunes to back up your stuff, then you should be good.
  5. waverunner777

waverunner777 New Member

yea i think ive pretty much given up, thanks for your help