[IN-DEPTH REVIEW] Tris: Best Tetris Game

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by RenegadeKrogan, Aug 13, 2008.

1. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

RenegadeKrogan's Review Of Tris

This is a tetris game in the AppStore currently free. If you had a jailbroken ipod touch or iphone then you will remember this game. In this review I will be covering look, gameplay, price, and overall.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Let's begin.

Look

The game looks good. When I say good I mean okay. It will definatey not "wow" you with the graphics but it works fine. It is very colorful and eye-pleasing. You have your basic assortment of colors for the blocks. They vary from blue to yellow. The background is a simple gray/black background. When the blocks touch they send a small light between the cracks and that only makes you appreciate the game more.

Gameplay

It's Tetris and it keeps to the classic gameplay. There are no mix-ups of the game or different assortments and that is perfect. The main goal of tetris is this...(as explained by Alexey Pajitnov, the original creater of the game)

"A pseudorandom sequence of tetrominoes (sometimes called "tetrads" in older versions) - shapes composed of four square blocks each - fall down the playing field. The object of the game is to manipulate these tetrominoes, by moving each one sideways and rotating it by 90 degree units, with the aim of creating a horizontal line of blocks without gaps. When such a line is created, it disappears, and any block above the deleted line will fall. As the game progresses, the tetrominoes fall faster, and the game ends when the stack of tetrominoes reaches the top of the playing field and no new tetrominoes are able to enter.

Tetris game manuals refer to the seven one-sided tetrominoes in Tetris as I, J, L, O, S, T, and Z[10] - due to their resembling letters of the alphabet - but players sometimes use other names for the pieces, such as "stick" for I or "snake" for S.[11] All are capable of single and double clears. I, J, and L are able to clear triples. Only the I tetromino has the capacity to clear four lines simultaneously, and this is referred to as a "tetris."[10] (This may vary depending on the rotation and compensation rules of each specific Tetris implementation. For instance, in the Super Rotation System (see below) used in many recent implementations, certain rare situations allow T, S and Z to 'snap' into tight spots, clearing triples.)"

The gameplay sticks to the original plan and that is fine.

Also, the game keeps score so that will make you want to try harder (hopefully). The highest global score to date is by Neil Pomeleau with 163383. Below is a screenshot of the global high scores.

Price

Why pay money for "Tetris" when you can get Tris? Tetris in the AppStore is slow to load and clunky while Tris is fast, with no loading and it is free. Tris is the way to go.

Overall

Overall this game is one of the best for free. I have to give it a 9/10 because it is one of the greatest games of all time ported to the ipod and iphone and it is loads of fun. Oh yeah...did I mention it is free? That makes it a lot better then the payed for "Tetris" in the AppStore.

You can download it from here for free. Thanks to River for the link.
  2. Intellectual

Intellectual New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Awesome review! Tris was one my favourite games in installer. I'll make sure to install it once I come home.
  3. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

Thanks. You should install it. It is very addicting.
  4. ricardofelix95

ricardofelix95 Banned

I like the original tetris by EA
  5. bob12345333

bob12345333 New Member

that other tetris game is a a big rip-off

tris is better in my opinion
  6. River

River New Member

7. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

8. CurlyCarlos

CurlyCarlos New Member

I'm so happy that this came out... it was pretty much the only thing I missed from my 1.1.4 jailbreak. Well, great review.
  9. v12vanquish

v12vanquish Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I love tetris , somehow its addicting to me.

Also someone read the about for Tris inside the program , it made me laugh he has some stuff from the jailbroken program still in there
  10. touchfan092

touchfan092 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    i got this game, it plays very well!