[In-Depth Review] Touchgrind

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by qasim, Nov 26, 2008.

1. qasim

qasim New Member

Please Register or Log in to view images

-From the creators of Labyrinth (Illusion Labs) comes Touchgrind.
    -Touchgrind is basically a skateboarding game for your iphone or iPod Touch.
    -There is no story mode. Just three game modes. You just play, no story.
    -To control your skateboard you use your two fingers and you can do kick-flips, ollies, impossibles, and other moves.
    -Next, the graphics are incredibly beautiful on this. It is VERY, i mean VERY realistic.
    -The sound effects are great tooo- the skateboard sounds nice and real.
    -It really takes advantages of the iPhone's multi-touch controls and the ability to have nice graphics.
    -There are twelve skate boards which are all unlockable. They all have different skills and abilities.
    -The graphics are obviously in 3D.
    -Although the things I hope they add is the ability to create/customize your own board, add more maps, add multi-player wi-fi mode. Even though those features aren't included, this game is still an INCREDIBLE start. =]
    -This game features three game modes- Jam Session, Competition, and Warm up.
    -It also offers some tutorial videos to help you learn to play.
    -It does take a while to learn this game, but once you manage to you’ll love it. I really enjoy this game. It feels very gpood when I’m playing. All I do is put my two fingers on the screen and perform the moves as if I’d do on my feet.
    -You get high-scores, you can get timed, do grinds, chose your board, and can get 2x, 3x, etc.
    -This game is incredibly addicting as well.
    -Basically what you do is put your two fingers on the screens, and after you’ve learned how to do different moves, you try doing the motion of how you really perform the move. Then the skateboard goes high.
    -It is very cool and fun. I recommend you buy this.
    -It is available for the iPod Touch and iPhone on the App Store for $4.99.
    -It is a total of 5 mb. It is rated 4+ (ages four and above).
    -Now for the ratings:

Gameplay- 4.3/5, it is really fun to play with the realistic graphics and sounds. The controls are great. I think it should have more maps and multi-player mode, so you can verse your friends. Also i just realized the controls are a little difficult.

Graphics- 5/5, it can't get better than this. So realistic and beautiful. Graphics are terrific.

Price, 4.5/5, when the update which will feature multi player mode, then it will REALLY be worth the money. It is $4.99 which is a pretty decent price. I think its worth $3.99, but who cares! One more dollar won't KILL. Worth it, buy it.

Overall, 4.0/5, great game, great graphics, fun to play. Add multi-player and more places to play. i just realized the controls are a little difficult. Although still a great game. I bet the devs are working on an update.

App Store Rating, 4.5/5

Now for some screenies:

A gameplay picture. See the score on the top right.

I found this picture online. It shows how the person is using his fingers to move the skateboard. You can see the time remaining on the top right.

See the great graphics. You can see the score you get from the move you did.

Now you get to pick your board. It gives some information on the board as well.

A video tutorial to show you how to play the game.

-I highly recommend you buy this if you have enough money.
    -If you are not SOOOO impatient about this game wait for a “sale” maybe for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
    -I hope you liked my Review for touchgrind.
    -Please reply and comment.
    -Please let me know if my review was crappy, or amazing so i can continue to improve my future reviews.
    -Look for my reviews for Fastlane Street Racing, Asphalt 4: Elite Racing, and iFish. I reviewed them already, if you need them, find them on the forum. Look forward to a SimCity, Sims 3 and Need For Speed, and Rolando review.
    -Thanks

-Buy this game on iTunes Here.

I will be adding much more details to this review in an hour or two. Maybe even a day. I'm just going to play it more to see what i can do.
  2. f1av0rflave

f1av0rflave Banned

Why cant i see this???
  3. qasim

qasim New Member

hmm. idk.. maybe cause i was editing it. Try loooking at it again..
  4. f1av0rflave

f1av0rflave Banned

no, it wasnt in the appstore for me,, but i read this other post wihh the link, and just bought it

5. BadKarma

BadKarma Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    This App is awesome, but the controls take LONG to get used to...
  6. Pelaez-1

Pelaez-1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Not reall in-depth IMO.

I'm liking it, but turning isn't as easy as it looks on the tutorials. If you swipe your fingers a little to the edge, it doesn't turn much, if you swipe them too much, it doesn't recognize them anymore...

Graphics are pretty cool though.
  7. Googleman

Googleman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    wow, that was fast, excellent review, I might consider buying it

I think you should get a sticked thread where you could write your reviews so the users can access them easily, just a suggestion.
  8. qasim

qasim New Member

lol yea im adding more details so keep reading. really, i'm not having much trouble with the swiping lol. although i agree, great graphics =]
  9. f1av0rflave

f1av0rflave Banned

this is SO worth $5!!! closest you can get to a tony hawk type of game for your touch!
  10. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Recommend I buy it?
    Or wait for Xmas "sale?"