[IN-DEPTH REVIEW] Tap Tap Revolution/Revenge

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by RenegadeKrogan, Jul 28, 2008.

1. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

Review of TTR​

Review By RenegadeKrogan​

Like all of my reviews I am a little late. This app is currently free in the AppStore. In this review I will be covering graphics, songs, gameplay, and the overall rating.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Price
    Before i go in-depth about anything i would like the talk about the price. This app is free and I am lovin' it. This is one of the best free apps out there and it is incredibly fun. I would gladly be willing to pay $5 for this. Well, that was quick so lets get to the review.

Graphics

When you first open up this application you will ntoice the layout which is very eye pleasing. The gameplay itself is nice looking but is not as good as monkey ball. The graphics seem to fit the game very well. There are a variety of colors during the gameplay and that makes it eye pleasing. Back to the menu, it is very easy to navigate around and it is very easy to find what you are looking for.

Songs
    In this game you can either download a song or you can create a new song. I will cover creating a song later. The songs that you can choose are from no-name artists who are well, not popular. The songs are very techno and they can get boring after a couple on minutes. There is not a large selection of songs but with a couple of updates there could be more. One improvement that this game needs is a large library to choose from so you can find almost any song you want, download it and go right into playing.

Gameplay

There are two different game modes to choose from. You can play single player or you can play with a friend. There is also a tutorial with a voice to talk you through it. Single player mode is very simple. The song begins to play and you tap the little colored balls as they come towards you and hit the line. In “One Player” mode, you first select the level of difficulty you wish to experience, then the track. There are only 4 Easy Tracks at this time, so if you get bored of the same music quickly and have horrible hand eye coordination, you may want to hold off until more tracks become available. Two player mode is very creative and a little more difficult to master. You pair up with a freind on one side of the touch and then you go tapping away. It is fun and a wide variety of people will enjoy it. There is also a mode where you can create your own track. You choose a song from your library and then you tap your beat. It is fun and difficult at the same time. You should probably know the song pretty well or you are going to have a hard time creating an accurate tap-tap game.

Rating

It does not get much better than this in the freebie section of the AppStore. I am going to give this an 8/10 for creativity on 2 player, overall fun and for the price. The only downfalls were the small selections of songs, how awful the songs were to listen to and how the concept is following Guitar Hero.

2. mitcharr

mitcharr New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I really think this app needs to save your highscore for each song, that would be a good feature.
  3. Tyr0

Tyr0 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    GREAT REVIEW! i totally agree with you in every aspect of it. Great app too.
  4. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    nice job.
  5. drakness

drakness New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    doesn't only the jailbroken TTR let you create taps from your library? Or am I missing something?

6. hawaii94

hawaii94 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i would give 9/10
  7. CurlyCarlos

CurlyCarlos New Member

This app NEEDS the "iTunes Library" feature, badly. That's what made the JB TTR so good.