In Depth Review: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by bkram1, Sep 16, 2008.

1. bkram1

bkram1 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Please Register or Log in to view images

* Genre: Action/Science Fiction
    * Number of Players: 1
    * Price: $9.99

iTunes Description:

Experience the Star Wars universe as never before. The devastating power of the Force in your hands. You are Darth Vader’s Secret Apprentice, trained by the menacing Sith Lord to hunt down the last of the Jedi. Unleash a barrage of Force Powers - including Grip, Lightning, Jedi Mind Trick and much more - at the flick of your fingers as you tap, touch and swipe your way through enemies using the intuitive touch-screen mechanics and exclusive CellWeaver™ feature. Your journey will take you across the galaxy, yet you are destined to become something greater than just Darth Vader’s servant. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - May the Force Blow Your Mind. - © 2008 Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM.

iTunes Link: Click Here

Opening Blurb:

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away…

STAR WARS

THE FORCE UNLEASHED

The galaxy is on the brink of darkness. The evil GALACTIC EMPIRE has overthrown the Old Republic and now holds countless worlds in the grip of fear.

The Jedi Knights have been all but destroyed. Only a handful have escaped Imperial forces, disappearing into hiding across the galaxy.

The remaining few are being hunted by the Sith Lord DARTH VADER who, unbeknownst to the Emperor, has been training an Apprentice of his own…

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed has been talked about quite a lot since it was announced for the App Store. Many people have been eagerly awaiting the release to see how their beloved franchise would turn out on the device whether it would be a great game with awesome controls, great sound and an interesting story or if it would just be a port of an old game made for some crappy old phone with a keypad. Well, the game was released today, and while I am not the biggest fan of Star Wars (I used to watch it when I was a kid) I have to tell you, THIS GAME ROCKS!

For the full review, gameplay videos, screenshots and more click here or go to http://www.hacktheipodtouch.com/

Bkram1
  2. Knightmare

Knightmare New Member

It's a really good game. I got it today. The graphics are better than the DS Version. It has a good gameplay. Btw, it is allowed to post the game FOR FREE in the "Jailbroken iPod touch Game Releases"?? If it is, is that the correct section?? If not, where is it??

Thanks
  3. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    No, we do not allow piracy on this website.
  4. brisingr

brisingr New Member

this review isn't in-depth AT ALL.
    Is it fully 3D? can you move the camera around?
    ... and so on.
  5. Knightmare

Knightmare New Member

Ok, thats fine

No, not really. You have to draw some certain patterns, or learn them by heart. It is like a "beat 'em up", AKA survival, yo have to go through stages and defeat enemies. In fact, its a really good app.
  6. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    You have to follow the links for the full review:
  7. poopstain

poopstain New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The only reason it has better graphics than the DS version is because it isn't full 3d.

no it is 3d models with 2d backdrops. you don't really notice that it is 2d though..
  8. ThatGEEKFreak

ThatGEEKFreak Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    No, it looks really nice, I already played it for a good ten minutes, its a pretty good game, and when a ship goes into the distance it acutally looks 3D so no matter, its a great game.
  9. pinguino93

pinguino93 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    It is the best app store game I also just got it for xbox 360 an wii
  10. Zach23

Zach23 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    The story is REALLY short... I beat it in like 30 minutes but its still really fun