[In-DEPTH REVIEW] iFrogz Treadz and iFrogz Wraps

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Salarian, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Salarian

Salarian Banned

Review Of iFrogz Cases (Silicone)

Before I begin this review I would firstly lie to thank Clint Broadbent from iFrogz.com for allowing me to review his cases and providing samples for destruction (durability test

Please Register or Log in to view images

) I am sorry I do not have pictures but my camera is not working.

Let's begin.

In this review I will be covering What's included in the package, Look, feel, weight, protection and durability.

What Is In The Package?

When you first get the cases they are in a nice box. The box is gray in the middle with a few swirly designs and the bottom is orange. On the top of the case it says ifrogs with a frog next to it and to the far left on the top is a check mark and it says "treated with anti-dust technology." At the top of the middle it says "Silicone Wrapz" and in smaller lettering underneath that it says "unrivaled protection for your digital media device." A little below that on the side it says "Made to fit the ipod touch. Screen rpotection included in each pack." At the lower-left hand corner it says "Protection meets style" and it says it in several languages. At the bottom of the front middle section it says "[ specially designed & treated to help protect against dust, dings,m and scratches ]."

On the back of the case it says "Protect your device with iFrogz stylis silicone wraps. This 100% silicone case features a slip-free, ergonomic design along with our unique easy-grip textured side panels."

When I opened the package and pulled out the plastic casing I saw that there was the case, screen protector and fake picture of an ipod touch. The screen protector is actually protected and you have to take it out of a small plastic package and peal of another protection screen.

Look

As far as looks go these cases look nice. Clint was nice enough to provide me with a Warpz case and a Treadz case. Pictures are below. These do look nice. The Treadz case only comes in black and it has, well, treadz from tires on it. The Wrapz case comes in a variety of colors (black, blue, red, dark gray, pink, green and silver). The Wrapz case is the neater of the two because it has protective corner panels and includes a lizard graphic on the back and the front. These cases can appeal to all ages.

Feel

They feel nice. I liked it how you no longer have to hold onto it like to life depends on it. the cases silicone feeling has great resistance so it will not go sliding everywhere. They are soft and they make your ipod feel and look protected. I personally love the feel of them. I have leather cases and the feel of them compared to the ifrogz cases is obsolete. The ifrogz cases feel better. Another things that is a definite up is the fact that pressing the home and power button with the case on it easy.

Weight

Thy are very, very light. There were weighed before being shipped and including the shipping package and the case packaging it equaled one pound. When you put this case on your ipod touch you cannot even feel a weight difference.

Protection

These cases provide a variety of protections. First of all is your screen because o fht escreen protector. It also protects the back of the ipod from scratching. The only things showing when have the case in are the headphone jack, home button, power button and the screen. I put my ipod touch in the case and dropped it a couple of feet and with the case on the ipod bounced and then landed. I checked the ipod and nothing was wrong. During one dropping it landed with the screen facing down and the screen was fine.

Durability

This was probably the funnest part. I tested the durability of the cases. I decided to cut them up to see how hard it would be.to do so. With a knife it was fairly easy and posed no difficulty. With the other one I steched it every which way and when I let it go it went right back to it's original shape and still worked perfectly with the ipod. i tried jumping on it and still it wnet back to its original shape. I finally held it over a match and it began to smoke. It did not melt and it did not catch on fire. It became right where I had the match. This case is durable.

Ranking

It is a great case and it is only $15 USD so it will not break the bank. If you want a nice case that will provide protection, look good and feel good then check this case out. I give it a 9/10 because it is not the best for protection but it is surprisingly up there.

Again, I would like to thank Clint Broadbent for supplying the samples to the cases.

Thanks for reading!
  2. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

Nice review! also you should check mine out, it was the first review of this case probably ever and it was pretty kool
  3. Aprosamurai

Aprosamurai Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    hes not gonna reply because he was banned yesterday

4. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member