In-App Purchase?

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by Collateral, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Can somebody give me an example on how to use In-app purchase?

I honestly have no clue. The On-line documentation talked about how it worked more than it did on how to implement it. And apple has no sample code demonstrating it.

If someone could write me a brief set of instructions or sample code, it would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT. Nvm I found this. http://developer.apple.com/iphone/l...html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40008267-CH101-SW1
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Read this, don't skim over it.

To summarize:
    Just that alone should be enough to get you going, but if not, there is plenty of code in the entirety of the In App Purchase Programming Guide.

EDIT: This doesn't work like an all-in-one UIImagePickerController; you need to make this fit on with your application. Sure, you could simply create a UIViewController subclass to handle purchases, and display it modally, just like the image picker. Of course, there are many other ways to implement In App Purchase. The great thing is the ability for the developer to have seamless integration (see RampChamp, which has an In App Purchasing interface that blends in perfectly with the rest of the application).