In America Is AT&t the only Iphone distrubuitor

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphonee, Oct 23, 2010.

1. iphonee

iphonee Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    In america whats the whole big deal about verzion getting iphones is it only because in america the only seller is AT&t and that apple has made a deal with them and locked there iphones so no one else can buy it and use it on external plans.
  2. Brii

Brii Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    It's because people switched from verizon over to AT&T JUST for the iPhone & the majority of them that switched are going to switch back to verizon now that it's getting the iPhone too . Simple as that .
  3. b777forever

b777forever Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Both AT&T and Verzion suck IMO, my iPhone is T-Mobile for life.
  4. iphonee

iphonee Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I dont live in america Im just thinking whats the big deal about verzion getting the fone
    so like apple made some negotioations with AT&T and just sold the iphone to AT&T
    and now the people will be able to get the iphone on verzion
    so its more then one carrier choice
  5. crovian

crovian Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    wow this question's been asked on more than one occasion by you.
    hope you finally get it now
  6. multitouchu

multitouchu Member

the big deal is, Verizon is CDMA, meaning Apple would have to make an iPhone with CDMA technology instead of GSM, like the all the iPhones are today. Theres' a rumor about a dual CDMA and GSM built into 1 iPhone, but again, its a rumor.
  7. ishey94

ishey94 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It's important because Verison is strictly CDMA, which is a different type of broadcasting technology. I don't think that it is true however, because CDMA is horrible compared to GSM, and most other carriers around the country are changing to GSM because it is so much better (easy to switch phone, stronger broadcast, faster speeds are possible.).
  8. Yup, we can unlock but only are able to go to T-Mobile and 3G service does not work on T-Mobile either.

If you ask me it's a mini monopoly.. I would much rather be on T-Mobile(WITH 3G service if it was possible) Than AT&T. But hey, that's just me.
  9. n0va

n0va Banned

So can you get factory unlocked iphones in the US?
  10. Nope. Well, ebay but it's not like you would be able to get one from Apple or AT&T