In all seriousness..

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by odeed, Feb 2, 2008.

1. odeed

odeed New Member

I think that the 1.1.3 jailbreak needs to be taken offline and fixed up a bit. I know you guys are working your asses off to fix up the problems that arise in the update, but I think it just isn't ready. We need something like the 1.1.1 jailbreak. Now I know because of the restrictions of the new firmware it doesn't allow you to jailbreak in such a way. I am talking however about the stability of the program, it just works. No infinite rebooting cycles, random restores, and you could play drm music without a hitch. I have had so many bad experiences with 1.1.3, I just think the entire thing has to be fixed until it is totally stable. It's just not ready yet.
  2. simonrichards150

simonrichards150 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Im not trying to cause offence to anyone here, but I think its the user at fault most of the time. I havent had any problems with jailbreaking 1.1.3, and I have used all the different methods, I must have jailbroken 1.1.3 10 times by now lol
  3. htrapz

htrapz New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    But i am sure 1.1.3 isn't as stable as 1.1.2 or as good as 1.1.2 YET
  4. iSecks

iSecks New Member

Sure, It's not stable. Do you think Windows is always stable [Not saying it is at all, just an example] when it's made? Nope, it's tested for months. Thing is, the Dev Team doesn't have months, or people to hard core test their jailbreak, which is why it is released so soon.
  5. orion2020

orion2020 New Member

Im seeing around the boards that its different for each person. Some have 1.1.3 with no fuss and no problems, some have troubles but love the challenge of fixing them, and some just have no luck at all.

Me, I went back to 1.1.2 just due to my busy schedule and can't afford the time to keep tinkering with my ipod. I would love too, just can't right now.
  6. kyleshelton01

kyleshelton01 New Member

I agree this JB does take some time, I have played with my a lot and now I have everything working finally except iradio but it is pretty simple now. I used the new "official" break through installer last night. I went from 1.1.3 back down to 1.1.1 then up to 1.1.2 and back to 1.1.3 and it all took me about 45 min total. That is really isn't to bad
  7. schnikelfritz576

schnikelfritz576 New Member

ya i've restored so many times in the past couple days and probably jailbroke 1.1.3 at least 5 times because i keep installing like one thing that my ipod doesnt like and then i get the endless summerboard reboot
  8. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah, it's pretty much always the users fault.
    I've jailbroken once and only once and haven't had any problems.

Maybe people need to learn the workings of UNIX and what they're actually doing..
  9. h2a

h2a New Member

yea... i've had mine jailbroken since the weekend it was released and i haven't had any problems that i didn't create myself.
  10. iSecks

iSecks New Member

That's the problem most likely, alot people don't know what they're doing and they open up PuTTY and type in whatever they see on the forums. I've personally JBd 4 times, only because I kept having that stupid installer problem, because I wasn't reading up on the forums while I was doing it [It was late, I just wanted to JB and get some sleep] and then the next day, I got home, and JBd perfectly. Only problems I've had is Apollo/MobileChat, but there just needs to be an update for them and they should work.