In A Bit Of A Squeeze.... SSH Help

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by HarajukuMoon, May 31, 2009.

1. HarajukuMoon

HarajukuMoon New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well, I havent seen many posts on this topic, so....
    I have a problem.

I have successfully installed gpSphone on my iPod, and would like to start putting it to use. But, whenever I see instruction on the subject, I am instructed to change the permissions to either 755, or 777. And, whenever I am putting themes on my jailbroken 2.2.1 ipod touch 2nd gen., I use iFunBox, which dosen't seem to have the option. So, SSH is the way I have to go. I have installed OpenSSH on my ipod, and WinSCP on my computer, but, here is where the problem arises- the client-thing wants my ipod's IP address, but i have no wireless, this is why i choose to SSH. And, I don't think that I wil be near any in a long time, so what am i to do to get the IP? Any help will be appreciated.
  2. GrooveMachine

GrooveMachine Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    SSH is a protocol that only works with an internet connection, so if you don't have WiFi, you're pretty much out of luck if you have to use SSH. Other than that, you can use a USB file transfer program like PhoneView, maybe.
  3. HarajukuMoon

HarajukuMoon New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Will phoneview change the permission things? well, will any usb file transfer programs change the permission thing?
  4. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I recommend iPhoneTunnelSuite for USB transfers. It runs a program in the background that allows connection to your device's filesystem via USB. You can then use WinSCP as if it was on Wi-Fi, except faster.
  5. HarajukuMoon

HarajukuMoon New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok, that sounds great, but......will I still need the IP address?