Improving the iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TheSedge, Jan 27, 2010.

?

Is my idea good, bad or are you not sure?

1. Good Idea

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. Bad Idea

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not sure

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. TheSedge

TheSedge New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    So the iPad is finally released. It is like a giant iPhone with a hint of MacBook. Sure, heaps of people are going to buy it, but many (including me) are going to get it to see where the eventual jailbreak goes. Here's my idea:

Since the iPad has Bluetooth and Bluetooth Keyboard capbility, why not Bluetooth mouse capability? The iPad is powerful enough to play 3D games, and the jailbreakers could even hack the USB plug-in so the hard drive could be extendable. You could even use a 1 TB hard drive, if you have one.

What I'm trying to say is why can't PC games run on the iPad? All you would need is a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, and an External hard drive. There could even be an application similar to Boot Camp on the Mac, where you can run Windows, and install it via Computer. You could have Windows 7 on your external drive, running on your iPad, and the games could work directly from the hard drive. No disk needed. This would also enable Flash to work on the iPad.

The only problem is when you install Windows via Boot Camp, you need to install the drivers and everything from the specific Mac OSX Disk. This could be easily solved by a modded downloadable driver installation file, downloadable via Internet Explorer on the Boot Camp partition.

Good idea or bad idea?
  2. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    A lot of ideas are good, but are they realistic?
  3. deleted account 92

deleted account 92 Active Member

This forum is to improve the site, not the iPad.
  4. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Yes, this is for the site, not the iPad.

And I think its fine (for a first generation product) the way it is.

Personally, I'll wait til the second gen though.
  5. deepower

deepower New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeah me too. This is the same scenario that happened with the iPod touch and the iPhone... only bigger

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    People, stop dreaming... theres not only 1 barrier that makes this impossible.

-iPad is got ARM CPU, so no Windows 7 on it
    -iPad don't have USB host (USB port =/= USB Host), it not only won't power the pendrive or hard-drive (some old computers can't even handle the last one) but also won't be able to communicate with it since without host it can't detect USB devices. Only way is to create external device using iPod interface

Only thing you mention that is realistic is mouse BT