improved crackedscreen.levelpack

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Majik, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Majik

Majik New Member

improved crackedscreen.levelpack (prank)

This is a prank app that makes it look like you have a cracked screen when you touch it, i didnt not originally design this someone else did, but i made some minor improvements to it. (You will need iPhysics.)

Changes:
    - Partially cracked with part of SpringBoard still showing
    -When you press the sleep button on the top of the ipod, it will freeze and flicker

Bugs:
    -When you press the sleep button to make it freeze and flicker, it will not unfreeze without doing the following (it doesnt take very long) i havent tested this app on any other firmware than 1.1.1, so if something more severe than it just freezing happens, I hold no responsibility

WARNING: If you do not know or cannot do the following things to UNFREEZE your ipod after you press the sleep button to make it look more realistic, do NOT do this.

MAKE SURE THIS WORKS BEFORE YOU TRY THIS APP

How to unfreeze:
    -Login to your iPod with WinSCP, and click the previous folder button until you get to /root
    -open the folder "sbin"
    -right click the file "reboot" and go down to custom commands, then click execute.
    -Your iPod should restart

How to add the app to your ipod

Technically this isn't an app, but it is a levelpack for iPhysics.

-Add the files inside the folder named "crackedscreenlvl" to that directory.
    -Go onto your ipod and launch iPhysics, then open cracked, it should start and when you click the screen it will look like it has cracked.

Screenshot:

Please Register or Log in to view images

It will look more realistic than this when you actually do it.

Attached Files:

2. berky93

berky93 New Member

I dont understand how you can lock the sleep/home buttons with an iphyscs levelpack?

and you should at least allow a way to unfreeze your ipod without a computer
  3. Majik

Majik New Member

it doesn't exactly freeze it with the levelpack it just... freezes 0.o, it happened on accident and i figured it would make it more believable. (that explains why you cant do it without a PC)
  4. iKeablr

iKeablr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah but you have to understand that means you can only do the trick when you are close to a computer that has a ftp program which is stupid because if you don't have a computer than you will just drain your battery. I liked the original that if you leave it alone for two minutes it will automatically close.
  5. berky93

berky93 New Member

that means theres a problem with the levelpack. you shouldnt pt this up, even though its functional, because it could potentially damage an ipod.
  6. jjj651

jjj651 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    looks cool but im afraid it will damage my iPod. Which would suck ass
  7. replicat0r

replicat0r New Member

uh.. the original dont freeze the home button... i was looking for a version that does. neone have an idea?