Impossible to Restore my iPod, keeps rebooting!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by FallingBalloon, Mar 28, 2009.

1. FallingBalloon

FallingBalloon New Member

Okay, so I jailbroke my iPod with quickfreedom, and now I'm having problems.

The screen would randomly go white and reboot my iPod. When I attempted to restore (in DFU mode, mind you, it said so on my computer) the iPod rebooted halfway through, and keeps rebooting over and over again. after a few minutes it stops rebooting and stays asleep, and when I try to restore it again, it ALWAYS reboots itself before I can restore it. Within the past hour or so, Windows doesn't even recognize it as an ipod, it just says it's not recognizable.

What could I possibly do? I'm going to wait for the battery to die so I can charge it a little via the wall, and maybe it'll work, but what do I do if that doesn't work?

I'm absolutely terrified, I've never heard of anyone else with this problem. I know its allegedly impossible to brick an iPod touch, but I think I might have done it....
  2. vannmann

vannmann New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Turn iTunes.exe off.

DFU your iPod.

cd to iRecovery

Write in your iRecovery

Quote:
    iRecovery -f iBSS211.dfu

You need to unplug and replug your ipod (you will get a white screen)

iRecovery -s
    arm7_stop
    mw 0x9000000 0xe59f3014
    mw 0x9000004 0xe3a02a02
    mw 0x9000008 0xe1c320b0
    mw 0x900000c 0xe3e02000
    mw 0x9000010 0xe2833c9d
    mw 0x9000014 0xe58326c0
    mw 0x9000018 0xeafffffe
    mw 0x900001c 0x2200f300
    arm7_go
    arm7_stop
    /exit

iRecovery -f iBSS221pwn.dfu
    iRecovery -s
    go
    /exit

Restore in itunes to original firmware. then rejailbreak.

ps like the avatar
  3. FallingBalloon

I like your avatar too. =D

now what the heck do you mean by "cd to iRecovery"?

Also, I can't get into DFU mode. The iPod reboots after just two or three seconds. it randomly boots into either the apple logo screen or recovery mode, for only 3 seconds each.

If I try to turn it off by holding both buttons, it comes back on by itself a second or so later. If I do make it ten seconds with the screen still dark, a few seconds after I hold the home button, it will return to the logo screen and reboot seconds later. no matter what I do, its just not working.

And I don't know if I'm going to rejailbreak. this is the second time it's done this. The first time I jsut got lucky and was able to restore it before it rebooted, but I don't want to have to spend this much time attempting to keep my iPod running at a reasonable consistency. I love having a jailbroken iPod, I've been jailbreaking since '07, but this is ridiculous.
  4. vannmann

vannmann New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    just cut it off and try using redtool and make a new jailbroke firmware and restore to it.
  5. Lase

Lase New Member

Try harder getting into DFU mode. You can always get in.
  6. FallingBalloon

I've been trying for about 5 hours now.

The iPod reboots itself before I can get into DFU mode. I must have tried 50 or 60 times already. I wait until it quits rebooting and stays asleep, then I try again, and it never works...

I'm just about ready to give up and take it to the apple store, but if they somehow got it to boot up regularly......

that could be bad.

so I'm pretty much screwed right now.

This sucks.
  7. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    It sounds like your not doing dfu right, follow the tutorial in my sig
  8. FallingBalloon

I did. I went into DFU mode just like it said, my computer said it was in DFU mode, and iTunes said it was in recovery mode. then, I released the home button and the apple loge showed up.

I swear my iPod is defective. I've had problems with it almost since I got it. my 1st generation touch was great. my 2g, this one, not so much. the accelerometer never seems to work in safari or youtube, the speaker isn't as loud as it should be, and so on and so forth. and now this. urgh.
  9. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    maybe try recovery mode?
  10. vannmann

vannmann New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    can you cut it off and leave it off?