Impossible to install Barcode or 2D Sense on iPod touch? (iTunes 8.0.1)

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by macinfo, Oct 27, 2008.

1. macinfo

macinfo New Member

I'd like to install "Barcode" or "2D Sense" QR-Code barcode software on iPod touch, but iTunes (8.0.1) simply rejects those. Seems iTunes now filters - what it thinks are - iPhone only apps.

I formerly had "Barcode" on my touch, but since Firmware upgrade to 2.x (jailbroken) and iTunes 8.0.1 it just doesn't get installed.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

TIA
  2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

The reason Barcode or 2D Sense don't work is because, as you pointed out, they're iPhone-only apps which depend on camera drivers that don't exist on the iPod Touch. And there's no solution since the old Barcode application was jailbroken, which meant it didn't have any restrictions as far as downloading went - it wouldn't necessarily work, but it would download. App Store checks the device requirements as specified by the program creator/vendor, so the programmers for Barcode made sure it was iPhone-only due to the camera requirements... and thus you can't DL it.

There's no legitimate fix for this, sorry.
  3. berky93

berky93 New Member

I dont get why you want them. theyre camera-based apps and theres no camera for the ipod touch. they would be useless.
  4. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

Sucks, before you could install iPhone apps on iPod touch.
  5. macinfo

macinfo New Member

I just wanted to test how the decoding of the codes work (with photos of QR codes uploaded to the iPod touch at first).
  6. berky93

berky93 New Member

well if you have a camera phone you can get the kaywa reader - same thing
  7. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

I thought the problem with that is the ones in App Store can't use 'uploaded' photos but instead pulled he pics directly off the camera's feed.
  8. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    why would you want a huge, clucky, camera add on for the ipod touch, its no nice and skinny and you wanna mess it up with a camera you will probably never use (or i least I wouldnt). Dont waste your time, just get an iPhone