IMPOSSIBLE to be SOLVED

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by omar232, Dec 24, 2007.

1. omar232

omar232 New Member

hi there,
    i thought maybe if anybody have time then he cud help me wit my HUGE problem
    i bought an ipod touch 16 G via apple online store .. anyway so when i opened it i plugged it in my computer " windows XP SP2 " using a 2.0 usb port ,my iTunes 7.5 has recognized it immediately n told me that it should be resotred.. n that's what i did, i clicked on "restore n update" the new software 1.1.2 was downloaded after that it started extracting files n stuff.. then a window appeared that says : " preparing ipod for resore " it lasted for like 3 minutes then i got the famous "error (1604)" i searched for it online trying to figure out a solution .. n the funny part was that many many guys were gettig the same error..i tried restarting my computer,uninstallling then re-installing iTunes 7.4 or 7.5 " i tried both",using different USB ports,another computer(S),Vista,force restore but nothing has happened i kept getting the same error..
    well, it's frustrating man , i never saw anything on my pod except the apple logo and the image of the connect to itunes with no lights :S
    i asked some guys, " what if i tried to restore it on a Mac. ? " some told me that it MUST work but after that im gonna have to restore if i plugged it into a PC.
    do u have any idea what's wrong with my pod? is there any guide or a way to fix it :S
    i mean what kind of a company Apple is ?? they sold me a piece of TRASH. how lame is that ?
    i keep getting ipods n itunes in my dreams while im asleep :S
    please help

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. touchthisipod

touchthisipod New Member

Well, looks like u don't have a brand new touch, but, that it's fine, just hold home and sleep bottoms together for about 10 secons, and release the sleep bottom, (DON'T RELEASE THE OTHER ONE), and go to ITunes and restoreu ipod to factory settings
  3. touchthisipod

touchthisipod New Member

Search...................... Before U Ask
  4. omar232

omar232 New Member

re

well, thanks for ur post man .. but for ur info .. it's brand new.. plus i tried this method .. n i kept getting error 1604 or 1603 .. n the only progress ive had using this force restoring is apple logo n a revolving lil wheel under it .. after that i get the error message on iTunes .. n my pod gets freezed while that wheel is goin round n round.
    dear sir, i kept searching for the past 2 weeks for this problem... n im not asking for help cuz im lazy ..
    ive been through the jailbroken iphone troubles after its updated .. n i was able to bring it to life n get its spring board again ..so trust me .. im not junior .. n i completely know what im talkin about n what im asking for here !

thanks indeed
  5. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  6. spinner

spinner New Member

Take ot back to wherever you bought it! Tell em' to give you a new one. Since you haven't trired to jailbreak it, they won't give you any trouble.
  7. akermar

akermar New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    tried downloading

have you tried downloading a firmware file of 1.1.1.1( not the firmware from apple )and using shift and restore from the itunes.

also i had the problem and i got ibrickr, started that attempted to jailbreak and ibrickr put it into the forced restore (thats all used ibrickr for) . then i pressed shift and restore and selected the firmware i downloaded. this worked for me.

alternatively as its brand new take it back and get an exchange.
  8. omar232

omar232 New Member

lol .. it may sound easy to you guys .. but exchanging it from Apple's store is kinda impossible for me .. since i dont have any Apple sotre in my country .. i asked a friend of mine who lives in Houston,Tx to get it for me .. n i had to wait for like 3 months for his arrival so he can give it to me!

im downloading the 1.1.1 firmwire now .. 61% completed.
    if it didnt work, im gonna have to other choices .. 1- try to restore it via Mac. or 2- using ibrickr .. which i used n worked for me with iPhone .. but i dont really recommend it since i want a clean device.

ima keep ya'll updated.

same sh*t !
    error 1604 after " preparing ipod for restore ... " with 1.1.1

ill go n try the mac restore , since a friend told me it wont need to be restored again if used with a PC.

I know when I was getting 1604 errors, it ended up being the drivers for my usb ports. I reinstalled the lastest drivers and the errors went away.

But sounds like you've checked

well dear orion,
    actually , i didnt try that !
    would u please tell me the steps ?

btw ive had the same error 1604 after i tried to restore on a mac!

phuk it!
    i will NOT give up