Importing Photos/Resizing

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Trekky0623, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Trekky0623

Trekky0623 New Member

How do I stop images from resizing when I put them on my iPod, because I have some pictures with small lettering that becomes pixelly.
  2. SilverTrumpet999

SilverTrumpet999 New Member

I'm mainly posting to bump this. I think I know the answer, and would like to extend the question somewhat.

I believe that there is no way to disable the crappy, soft resizing (sorry, "optimization" that looks like it is done with the absolute worst algorithm around for downsizing... bicubic sharper it is not!) done by iTunes.

One possible solution is to figure out the exact format and resolution of the "optimized" pics, and do the resizing yourself with a better algorithm. This might work, and it might not.

A better solution, the one I'm watching for, is for a community photo viewer to be released. That source will be in my Installer in a heartbeat. I'm looking to view 10 Mpxl images, preferably with an option for fullscreen. Fixed zoom levels (no pinching) is fine, so long as they can go all the way to 100%.

So, as for the actual question... does anything like what I described exist or is in development?
  3. Trekky0623

Trekky0623 New Member

That woud be sweet if there were an alternate picture viewer!

EDIT: Although, now that I think about it, if I'm not mistaken, I think it's iTunes that does the actual resizing, not the iPod. So what if there were a patch or update or something that would stop it from resizing?
  4. kappatango

kappatango New Member

Can you not just SSH your images over - and where would you put them?