iPhone 3GS Importing 3GS / 3G from USA to UK

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Captain*, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Captain*

Captain* Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Well im going out to the USA and my dad's hoping to get hold of the new 3GS in while im out but he said he would get me a 3GS as a exam present as I did v.well so yay!

Please Register or Log in to view images

He's not worried about contract issues but he said he would get me either a 3GS or 3G on the family plan thingy as an added phone and then let me have it. Thing is I live in UK and I have always thought that it was possible to import but im having doubts that it will work.

I'm on Vodafone UK PAG (pay and go) so I will need to unlock obv and disable 3G as I can get it through Vodafone on my current PAG plan n that will cost mega $$$ XD. However is it even possible to get it to work when unlocked? JB'ing and unlocking isn't an issue however I just need to know before he wastes money on a iPhone I cant use, otherwise ill just have to wait till I have enough cash over here

Thanks, CG
  2. melterx12

melterx12 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    make sure you get one soon cause apple will start shipping 3.0.1 FW phones ASAP now that the unlock is out to counter it.
  3. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    If you want to use it in the UK, then get the 3G as the 3GS is not unlockable yet (technically it is, but it's not jailbreakable so that's why you can't unlock it).
  4. Captain*

Captain* Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Kk so 3G, I think I'll get that for a hundred bucks then get the 3Gs legit on o2 so I get the free year of 3G

kwl kwl thanks guys
  5. Xhiea

Xhiea Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    its not $100, its only $100 with a 24 month contract. I dont think you can even buy it PAYG in the USA, im not sure tho, im in the UK like you.
  6. Captain*

Captain* Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    100% right. I wonder if I can get one (on contract family plan thingy in USA) bring it back like I stated and then use a O2 PAG sim for the iPhone and be able to get the 3G for £10 a month like advertised (just wont get the free 1 year)...hmmm