Important question please help !

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by dmgmonster1, Jul 8, 2008.

1. dmgmonster1

dmgmonster1 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    im am having a like little panic attack because though i have been asking around i am still very confused.....i had my ipod jailbroken a while back but i didn't want to loose my wallpaper on the slider screen so instead of restoring i just upgraded and i thought maybe on friday i could get bricked from some kind of trace thing that may have been left behind. so i restored my ipod yesterday and it asked if i wanted to restore form a back up and i did does this mean that all of my jailbroken crap that i wanted off aka the stuff that would brick my ipod is back? i just dont want to have a bricked ipod on friday. please in a simple manner explain.

p.s. dont flame me i dont know much
  2. Matt27272

Matt27272 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    It's not going to get bricked when you upgrade to 2.0. You're perfectly fine.
  3. 11hawkinst

11hawkinst New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's pretty rare for an iPod touch to get bricked. So I wouldn't worry about it.
  4. dmgmonster1

dmgmonster1 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    thankx i was rather worried but now im not
  5. zachary@extremehope.org

zachary@extremehope.org New Member

It's impossible for a Ipod Touch to get bricked according to some source that i can't remember. Now you can always brick the flashdrive, but it's so hard that it hasn't been done.
  6. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    That's correct. You can almost always recover from a brick so as long as you didn't screw up unmercifully using PWNage etc or if your power shuts off in the middle of your iPod etc bieng jailbroken.

If you restore from a backup while not jailbroken it'll give you your webapps, bookmarks etc. It won't give you anything from bieng jailbroken if you restore from a back-up.
  7. mlbplayer456

mlbplayer456 Banned

i dont think and ipod touch can be bricked. and if your talking bout upgrading from a jb 1.1.4 to 2.0 you should restore to 1.1.4 then update to 2.0