Import or wait?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by freemini, Jun 2, 2010.

1. freemini

freemini Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I am absolutely sure the iPad will come out in July(maybe like the iPhone 3gs on 31st) in Norway. I really, really don't want to wait so much since school will begin on 18th of August.. I have 3 choices(which I'll decide after WWDC since Steve might say something about this):
    1.Import one from the USA, for 4550kr=700USD(it's 550kr=84USD more than retail price)
    2. Hope I'll find one by 25th June in an Airport, for 500EUR(Frankfurt or Barcelona)
    3. Wait until July, or whenever it comes out and get it for 4000kr from the norwegian Apple Store.
    I tend to choose the first one mainly because it comes in 48 hours, and I can get it the fastest. But from the USA, I've heard that the wall charger won't work(110V only?). I have an iPhone charger and I'll charge it over night anyway so that's not a big problem. Also, if I don't get it from Norway, I doubt the warranty from other countries work in Norway, but I doubt I'll need the warranty anyway.. Please note that Norway is not in the 9 additional countries that will get the iPad in July, but the iPad is on the front page of the norwegian Apple Store so I'm sure it will be released.
  2. Silver

Silver Member

Device:
    iPad
    I'm importing mine, for 720$, it will cost about the same when it officially arrives.
  3. alihamilton

alihamilton Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Might be an idea to check if your iPhone charger will charge the iPad. I was told mine would not.
  4. freemini

freemini Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    it does. It's just a normal wall charger, but it charges 2 times slower. And the iPad charger is multivoltage so it will work here

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Lock the iPad and just leave it there. It will charge up as fast as usual... (usual means when you charge it off the official iPad power brick)
  6. Mobious

Mobious Member

Device:
    iPad
    The iPad charger works with all voltages, 120 to 240. I live in a country where we use 240v and I just plug it in straight to the wall, all you need is an adapter. So no need to use your iPhone charger.
  7. Silver

Silver Member

Device:
    iPad
    I want to just take the AC plug from my broken iPhone charger and charge both devices with it. Will everything charge properly?
  8. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Yes. Like I said, lock the iPad and it will charge regularly. Apple should make a FAQ just for that one question, I don't know how many times it has been asked, even by iPad owners...
  9. TechDudeGeorge

TechDudeGeorge Active Member

I'd wait. If its anything like the iPad release before. You won't get the App Store. Like people in the UK who imported the US iPad could not access the App Store without a US account until the iPad got released here. May be the same for you. So just wait. I'd say that would be best.
  10. iLucky

iLucky New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I would wait.