Immaturity, spam, noobs...needs fix

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by Vanished, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Vanished

Vanished New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I've been on this forum for a while, usually just keep quite. I come by every few days to check on news of redsn0w tools, new apps, apple news etc etc. The one thing however is the mess that has formed on these forums. I've an active members on nearly a dozen forums, and I must say this one has been one of the most frustrating forum I've ever navigated. This isn't specific to the redsn0w section, but any section in general.

I like the forum for it's wealth of information and a certain group of intelligent members, however the amount of excessive spam to get to this information is a grueling task. I know ipods are an expensive device, and there are tonnes of members on this forum, but this isn't an excuse. If you want to see a well organized forum go to http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/index.php. These cars have amount 100 times more problems than an ipod, and are worth about 10 times more, but somehow they've been able to keep the spam down.

What IPTF forum needs is more moderators to do more work. There are alot of younger, more immature folks here than those other forum like car forums, so you need people to come in and delete threads, send them a PM and let them know the rules. There is no thread grave yard on here, and it needs one badly. The FAQ's and stickies are good, but you need to reinforce them. Yes, forums are a place for people to ask questions and get answers, but it's also a place with a very large amount of information that NEEDS to be organized by moderators. If someones asking a question about something that has already been answered there is nothing wrong with telling them to search. If people are having problem with the search function (which works perfectly find IMO) then you should throw up a sticky on how to use it.

This forum is a mess, and the site manager and mods and the ones responsible to clean it up and discipline people, close land delete threads, and direct people to proper information.

I hope everyone understands my concerns, I want this forum to be the best it can be, and it's not imossible.
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    I will call out a few ftards for you and take one for the team!
  3. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    our mods do a fantastic job

reasons why it is more spammy here.

1) there they talk about cars. u need to be 16 to drive in the US so no one under 16 even goes there. most likely no one under 25 goes there. ergo they are more mature so they dont spam.

we on the other hand talk about ipod touches. any person no matter the age can own and use an ipod legally. most of this forum consists of 13-15 year olds so ther is more spam.
  4. that one guy

that one guy New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    you shouldn't be such a hypocrite and use your own advice, Vanished
  5. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    How so? Did you even read his post?
  6. that one guy

that one guy New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    don't sass me
  7. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    How mature of you. Then why are you "sassing" Vanished?

8. Vanished

Vanished New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    @ Kevin1st

I mentioned that, but good thinking none the less.

Also, I'm not saying the mods are bad here, I'm just saying they need to there needs to be more of them to enforce things like searching, and actually delete threads. If somebody asks "what does untethered jailbreak mean?" mod comes in, says "please search" and delete thread. Multiply this scenario on a very large scale and result is an organized forum that is pleasant to search through and a nice place to learn about an ipod touch.

And yes, I know a few of my previous posts were probably not very helpful, throwaway was being an idiot. But. I'll try to refrain in the future.