iMice

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by drox, Feb 5, 2009.

1. drox

drox New Member

Hello, im Drox. In this thread you will find development and updates on my development of my first iPhone/iTouch application called iMice,

- What is iMice?

* iMice is an application that allows you to use the ipod touch / iphone for a regulair computer mouse by sliding your finger across the screen / Using the accelermoeter to move.

* How does it work?

Well basically, you download this plug it into your computer via firewire only instead of placing it in a USB dock you place it in the USB - Mouse Port in the back (The Green Circle one.)

- Slide your finger across the screen to navigate your mouse crusor on your monitor or turn on accelerometer mode to use the accelerometer to simlply tilt back foward or side to side to move your mouse
    - Tapping the screen will left click or for right click hit right click on the iphone/ipod's screen.
    - This will not req. any extra installization on your computer, you can download it directly from whatever you use to install applications.

* Progress so far?

So far i have connected the ipod to the computer but cannot click anything but i can move the mouse around.

* Additional info / projects with this project

- We hope to sell .50 cent (USD) Wireless extensions for this application so you can use it from anywere

- we also would hope to implement a keyboard.

* Conclusion

We hope to change the way you use your computer by using no keyboard and no mouse at all!

- Also this will not slow any of your typing / mouse movements down from what they normally are you just gotta get used to it.

Join the next Generation!

- Regards, Drox

- Also Droxit.info is opening soon with this apps development.
  2. iCrap

iCrap Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    umm... so this phisically plugs into the comp?

but.... why? there are already apps that do this with remote features.
  3. drox

drox New Member

If there are i would like to know, because atm i only know of VNSea (VNC)...

And if i learn how to implement the a connection like VNC so its completely wireless then i will but ATM i don't know how and its one step at a time so right now the development is aiming t'words physically plugging it in...
  4. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

5. b1j4nt

b1j4nt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    there is also teleport which is very good at using the iPod as a mouse in complete real time no lag and it also allows you to do other things and you can see your computer screen and basic animations. So why bother with a method that requires you to plug in your iPod and is inferior.

Sorry if i shattered your hopes

Please Register or Log in to view images

get the creative juices flowing and back to the drawing board.
  6. drox

drox New Member

Im still developing this as its my first app and dont say "Im sorry if i shattered your hopes and dreams" because, I said im starting off with plugging it in i can allways finish one development and just make another version with no plugin and make another and another etc. and so on.
  7. iLINUX

iLINUX New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Hey drox this is a good idea for a first app, hope to see some beta's heading my way

Please Register or Log in to view images