IMHO, This forum is useless now

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by eeevan, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eeevan

eeevan New Member

I've been giving this some thought lately. This forum started off as a great place to post new jailbreak news as well as tutorials to install various apps. It was a place where for the most part, people with mild technical know-how resided, sadly this is not the case anymore. I find that with the popularity of the touch (and it's hacking), it has brought a flood of very basic users, who know squat about technology.

Now, close to every thread is a plea for help; failed jailbreaks, summerboard installation errors, you name it. You have a couple of knowledgeable users helping everyone out, and a sea of basic computer users leeching off their every word of advice.

Sadly, this is how I'm seeing this once great forum evolve, or more realistically, fall apart.

Bye Guys

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. nyjets21

nyjets21 New Member

i couldn't agree more
  3. Mustachio

Mustachio New Member

Well... on the plus side the reasonable to the more knowledgable users post (and i like to consider myself one) is to help out the people who are new and dont know as much.

Too bad people dont search enough before posting. But its the same way with almost all forums... it just happens. If anything it means this place is just popular and the more the merrier I guess.
  4. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

I disagree, were getting a lot of people who know what they are talking about, just ignore the bad threads
    This is still a great forum and is better than ever imo
  5. Blake

Blake Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Oh PLEASE.
    Yes there are alot of what we call "NOOBS".
    But that is what this is here for...
    People on this forum dont mind at all ansewering questions for Newbies.
    Yea they get mad when the newbies dont check the forum before posting a question but gosh, you dont have to be so mean about.
  6. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

This always happens when a new device or hack comes out. New users come in and ask questions that have already been answered. After a while the new users will learn enough to help out others. After a few weeks the new users will trickle out after they get all the answers to their questions and the forums will be back to normal. Remember forums are a place to ask questions, so don't expect the questions to go down.

I disagree with you when you say "Sadly, this is how I'm seeing this once great forum evolve, or more realistically, fall apart." Like I said before there is always a flood of new users when a new hack comes out. Just because there are a lot of people not knowing what they are talking about it does not mean this forum will fall apart. I think there are enough knowledgeable users who will help this site continue to thrive.

Ultimately it's your choice if you leave, but if you do you will be missing out on a great community.
  7. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

im sorry you feel that way! seriously, with over 12,000 members, this is an amazing resource for nearly any and all iPod related problems and questions.

althoght the search feature honestly does suck, and all Vbulletin Search features do, I too dont like the duplicate threads.
  8. Hazed

Hazed Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    You joined 4 days ago... When you joined this forum was already flooded with questions from "basic users" as you call them... But that's what this forum is here for.

With the addition of newly appointed moderators soon this forum will be cleaned up and the answers to the most frequent questions made readily available for everyone to view, without having to post new threads or trawl through old ones.

Just stick it out buddy.
  9. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah it does. At least this place there are a lot of users other places like ipl forums are dead.
  10. thomashayes

thomashayes New Member

Sure the place is a bit of a mess with loads of newbies asking silly simple questions like "Can I use my Touch to lay carpet?" but that's always going to happen when such an amazing gadget hits the market.

It's the job of the more tech savvy amongst us to help them out, and even though we're not moderators I think we can help keep forums tidy by providing quick answers and links to the necessary threads/files/documents.

When moderators are brought in they'll be able to delete spoof threads, close duplicates and clean up the place.

If you want to hang around with some people who know what they're talking about try the IRC channel, or just pick your threads wisely.

I'm sure it's worth hanging around.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.